Usb ports

Are the usb port in a Daf xf 12 volt or 24 volt or even lower volts.Dose anybody know of a device which can measure the current from
a usb port .

Usb is 5volt

fingermissing:
Are the usb port in a Daf xf 12 volt or 24 volt or even lower volts.Dose anybody know of a device which can measure the current from
a usb port .

Neither. USB ports are 5 volts. It’s the amperage that counts for charging items up. They will charge most phones albeit at a slow charge rate. So won’t support fast charging if your phone supports. Most of them are low amperage so even though the voltage is fine they still won’t charge everything.
The 12v or 24v supply will be stepped down to 5v.

lmgtfy.com/?q=usb+port+voltage+a … ent+tester

Google is your friend.

Most usb ports can handle 2 amps although not guaranteed, but that should charge most phones. You cant test it as amps is what the device pulls until it blows the fuse or fries the port (in theory shouldn’t).

Just dont try running more than one thing off one of the ports - cig lighter to usb adapters are best for that and can support fast charging too.

My iPhone charges fine plugged into the USB port of my XF.

On my XF there are two usb ports. The one on the driver’s side is switched with the ignition. The passenger side one is on permanently.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone