USA/Canada pictures

Here’s a random selection of photos I’ve taken in the last year or so.

My first view of the open road

It may be raining, but what a view, the next town is about 4hrs down the road, it’s in Northern Ontario.

My first load, ready to roll in the yard with 11 drops in Ontario, the load is quad bikes, on a flat with no sheet & none ever get nicked, crap ■■■■■■ in Canada :laughing: The truck is an 07 Kenworth T800 with a C15 CAT & a nasty Eaton auto box.

Rolling through Ottawa the capital of Canada just at the end of rush hour.

This is trucking in Canada, empty roads & lots of trees, this is running HWY 17 northbound, it runs alongside Lake Superior & it’s like that for a whole days driving, beautiful.

My first visit to a proper truckstop, I was impressed, it’s in New Liskeard in Ontario.

Another big long road with lots of trees, this one is in Northern BC, I’d loaded in Nebraska & was heading up to the Dawson Trail, which is the road to Alaska.

I delivered some lamp-posts here, it was not the same tribe that messed up Custer.

Here’s some more,

This was the road to the Big Horn Reservation, still a lot of trees but not such an open road :open_mouth:

This one shows you how vast Canada is, this means that there is nothing but wildlife (big Brown Bears with big teeth) for the next three hours, not even tarmac roads :open_mouth:

We get a lot of snow in winter, but in July it’s a bit warmer :sunglasses:

As the sign says, it’s the start of the road to Alaska, I went another few hundred Ks before I got where I was going, it was still daylight at 3am :open_mouth:

You have to stop & doing a complete check of the whole braking system before going down here, or just sit in the cab for 5mins & pretend :wink:

The driver’s lounge in the Flying j truckstop in Fargo, North Dakota, it’s one of the smaller truckstops.

The view from the truckstop, there’s another 4 rows like this, all on hard standing, not exactly J26 M25

My first view of Chicago.

On the way to Halifax Nova Scotia, I’d loaded in Seattle, Washington, that’s on the opposite side of the country, it took me a full week to do that leg of the trip.

Start swimming east here & you’ll touch ground in Scotland.

I loaded Peat Moss at the top of New Brunswick, thought it was all going to fall off everytime I went round a corner, horrible stuff to try & hold down.

The Peat Moss stayed on long enough for me to get it tipped in Niagara Falls.

Back in British Columbia again, this is Highway 1, the Trans Canadian Highway.

Running through BC is like running through Europe as it was 20 yrs ago.

some beautiful scenery, this is in Idaho, running along i-90.

No thanks

Here’s where the bears live

This is the Big Horn where Custer had his last stand, he did a lot more laying down than standing after :open_mouth:

Me in front of the K-whopper, it’s in the Flying J truckstop in Black River Falls, Wisconsin.

I got rid of that poxy KW, it was nasty, uncomfortable, rattled & squeaked like you wouldn’t believe & could do more than 500 miles without breaking down :cry:

I’d prefer one of these though, this is Davey68 flying past me, one day…

As I’m stuck with the Volvo, I thought it needed a bit of a clean up so I did what i could, it’s still green though :grimacing:

Gettin my kicks.

a bit of chrome & some polish & it doesn’t look too shabby.

I shouldn’t have bothered with the polishing :cry:

All bling again :sunglasses:

Keeping this on the trailer involves stopping every 15mins & tightening the straps, who needs pencils that big anyway!

Poxy gravel roads, I just polished my wheels FFS.

Before…

After…

Delivering that steel to BC involves roads like this

And this, I know which I prefer…

This is where the steel went, it’s a lumber mill & they float the logs down the river to the mills.

Running through the mountains in BC

Believe it or not but this is a main truck route :open_mouth: It eventually comes out on the Pacific Coast, about a hundred miles north of Whistler, the home of the last Winter Olympics.

I was mincing around here taking pictures when I read a sign saying that Bears feed from the weir beneath the bridge so do not get out of your vehicle, I ■■■■ myself & ran back to the truck like a big girls blouse :blush:

What a view…

More gravel roads, this time climbing down a mountain :open_mouth:

What a road for a blast on a bike, in the dry of course…

This was a steep hill, couldn’t get a picture as I was too busy hanging on, believe me when they say 10kms max they mean it, very easy to fall off the road here.

Woke up in the morning to find my first Canadian snow :sunglasses:

Parked up in the BFS yard for the last time, I’d had enough of their nonsense.

My new truck, now you’re talking :wink:

Me & Davey68 in a Walmart car park in Wisconsin Dells, it’s a town full of water parks, sort of Disneyland with armbands, BTW I’m the slim, good looking one on the right of the picture :wink:

It looks pretty ■■■■ good I reckon.

These Peterbilts are a ■■■■■ to reverse, hit this bay in one go, blindside too, had to be at a jacknife as it was a through route, you can see the fence on the right of the picture, so you can see there’s not a lot of room, typically there was nobody around to see my expert reversing :wink:

75mph limit in North Dakota, no old bill around though so whoooooooosh…

Puddle Jumpers USA styleeee :sunglasses:

This is what happens to road spray when it gets cold, it freezes solid :open_mouth:

I’m glad the lights weren’t flashing.

What car?

Waiting to get into the truckwash.

My favourite part of my truck.

Cruisin…

warming up in the yard.

when it snows it really snows, seeing the road is not easy at night.

It’s dry dusty snow so it sticks to everything, have to stop & clean the lights frequently.

See what i mean

Got stuck in this storm for 36hrs, all roads were closed.

After the storm, blowing snow, ok to drive in, but you kick up a hell of a cloud behind you, if someone overtakes & the winds blowing towards you it all goes white & you can’t see the end of the hood, scary stuff.

when that snow blows it’s easy to lose sight of the road, as this bloke found out :blush:

Usually warm & sunny Dallas, Texas, global warming my arse :unamused:

Unloaing in Texas, more Peat Moss, easier in a box than on a flat :sunglasses:

They’ve had a few flurries in Fargo, North Dakota.

Buying a white car not such a good idea, it is good fun in the snow though, it weighs about 9tons, it’s rear wheel drive & has a 5litre V8, lots of sideways action :wink:

looking good…

Fargo had some more snow…

In the wash bay back at the yard

Chuffing away in the yard, below -15c the moisture in the exhaust gas becomes visible, it looks good going down the road.

it was a bit chilly this morning :open_mouth:

Another one in the ditch, he did well to keep that on it’s wheels, they pull two little 28ft trailers.

Fried pies, mmm mmm, they do a sugar free one for those on a diet :laughing:

Poxy snow makes a real mess of things.

Doing a spot of retail therapy in Houston, Texas.

spread the word…

Delivered a load of onions here, it’s an old Dutch colony on the East Coast.

This is a better shot of the place.

while I was waiting for my reload I went here for a stroll around :sunglasses:

It looks pretty good at night, nearly as many lights as my truck :laughing:

reload details came through, off to Boston now.

It had been a little chilly up here too.

I always think of the film when I pass this sign, it’s in Albany, New York

Ran into a bit of ice fog.

It’s a pain in the arse to drive in, makes for a good picture though.

It makes trees look like this.

A mile long train with double stacked 40’ boxes on the back.

Three trailers, bit of a pig to reverse I would think :laughing:

Out of the bad weather, this is in North Carolina, we’d just ran down & it had been snowing for the last 1600 miles, half an hour from the job & it went all sunny :sunglasses:

Someone’s having a bad day :open_mouth:

Heading up I-95 from Washington DC to Boston

This bloke had a bit of a bad day too.

Me in Staten Island NY

The Empire State Building in the distance.

The GW Bridge.

which takes you into this place.

And then this place.

Ran back into the snow on the way back :open_mouth:

It certainly is…

They dry Tobacco leaves in these sheds.

Went Deer Hunting today, much easier than a rifle :laughing:

When all that snow melts, little streams rise up to 40’ & this is the result :open_mouth:

Make sure you check your wheelnuts every morning driver :laughing:

Nice & warm today :sunglasses:

9/11 memorial truck, the names of all the known victims are on the back & sides :cry:

Ghost truck.

My back doors are level with the front of this 40’ box, shows how big these things are :open_mouth:

My shiny dashboard, I’ve since changed the steering wheel for a wooden rimmed chrome jobby :sunglasses:

A nice little boat, you should’ve seen the crumpet that got out of the truck pulling it :wink: The bloke that owned it was about 90yrs old, dirty lucky git :unamused:

Bad ■■■ Bikers, this lot were the real deal, most of them had lightning bolt tattoos, which signifies that they’ve killed for their gang :open_mouth: bearing this in mind I thought it best to take the picture from the safety of my cab :blush:

Small town USA, complete with genuine cowboy :sunglasses:

Running down through Colorado on the way to Houston, Texas, that’s the rockies to my right.

Sitting back enjoying the ride through Colorado.

Not the Las Vegas, that’s the other side of the mountains, there’s a little canyon in the way too :open_mouth:

Running through New Mexico towards the Texas Panhandle.

Makeshift sunvisor extension, the envelopes at the bottom of the screen stop the sun reflecting off of that great big bonnet & shining straight in my eyes, I hate heading west in the evening, I never get the same problems in the morning as it’s long past sunrise before I drag my arse out of the bunk :laughing:

When he ain’t on the road spreading the word he runs a truckstop :open_mouth:

I put on a bit of weight since I camer over here, no idea why :open_mouth: :laughing:

In a hurry today :open_mouth:

This is the last batch now, hope you enjoyed them all :wink:

Catching flies.

Had a bit of free time in Calgary so I went & had a look around this place, pretty awesome, these are where Eddie the Eagle did his thing :sunglasses:

My favourite shot of my truck, it’s outside Fort Custer in Big Horn, Montana.

Only in Texas :unamused:

From one extreme…

To another…

Worlds largest truckstop.

cracking pics thanks for taking the time :slight_smile:

Superb pictures.

I just wish I had the means to get out there doing the same.

Brilliant pics mate, the scenery you get from your cab out there is amazing!! Thanks for sharing them with us. :smiley:

newmercman:
Make sure you check your wheelnuts every morning driver :laughing:

What sort of weight is this grossing?

:smiley: