US Licences

Hi everyone

Been offered a job in the US, and need some advice on getting the equivilent to a class 1 licence out there. I cant find any info on the net (I may be looking in the wrong places). The guy I am going to work for is also doing some research, but I want to be a little pro-active.

Now, I know I will have to re-sit my test, but does anyone have any idea of cost, whats involved etc…

Thanks

drew30:
Hi everyone

Been offered a job in the US, and need some advice on getting the equivilent to a class 1 licence out there. I cant find any info on the net (I may be looking in the wrong places). The guy I am going to work for is also doing some research, but I want to be a little pro-active.

Now, I know I will have to re-sit my test, but does anyone have any idea of cost, whats involved etc…

Thanks

Have you a green card or married to an American citizen :question:
If not you are wasting your time :exclamation: :cry:

In the state of New Hampshire it costs $40 for the CDL and $10 for any endorsments, like tank, doubles, haz-mat. If you get haz-mat then you have to be finger printed and they do a background check on you, this was around $90 wheni did it but my company paid :smiley:

How about joining the big sister site to this one - www.truck.net :bulb: - bet they know :wink:

to apply for a cdl licence in the states now you need a social security # and a visa if you are not a
permant resident
tonka

test