"Us guys don't matter"

Whilst stuck in the delays on the m69 last night, I asked a highways womble what the plan was. He said they were going to prioritise getting the cars out and leave the lorries till last because “we don’t matter because we’re used to it”. Now, I’m no precious princess, but I think that was either worded a little bit wrong or was rather disrespectful.

Fair enough, the average trucker is better prepared for delays with food, drink and extra clothes than most other road users (I heard one woman on the phone saying she didn’t have enough fuel to run the engine for the heater as the temperature dropped to 2 degrees), but come on, show a little respect.

Just to clarify, my problem wasn’t releasing the cars first, it was being told we don’t matter.

He’s only stating facts. You, I or any other minion are not even given a thought. Unless of course the H& S police are about! :wink:

I think he just worded it wrong, we’re probably better prepared for if there’s a problem like that but also cars generally get released before us because it’s easier for them to spin round and sod off which in turn allows us the space to follow suit.

I would have been given priority Cavey. Handsome V8 pilot’s are the VIP’s of the trucking fraternity.

Lane 1 plobbers can indeed wait… :grimacing:

I would have asked him to explain his comment and what he meant by it

As a day man, I take a packed lunch & water with me & that’s it, plus I have a home to get too like everybody else.

I would have challenged him. I’d argue the majority of drivers on the road aren’t your typical tramper with a cab full of supplies.

:laughing: princess

Princess captain caveman 76 I can see it now :laughing:

Yeah slip of the tongue but then weballswomballs don’t really know how to say things nicely.

Always got food and snacks in reserve I’m me bag.

eagerbeaver:
I would have been given priority Cavey. Handsome V8 pilot’s are the VIP’s of the trucking fraternity.

im in an old daf and i pass you tangs for fun :wink:

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

That’s because we are on a 45. ( You are never late with a V8 ) :wink:

Captain Caveman 76:
“we don’t matter because we’re used to it”.

Probably a poor choice of words from the traffic womble, who may really of being saying they had other things to worry about than you. I doubt it had really crossed their minds, as like it is to us, it’s the same crap different day…

It’s also probably easier to get the lemmings turned around, and ■■■■■■ them back up the motorway, as there probably filming them self’s, going “look at me I’m driving the wrong way up the motorway” then you professional drivers have space to turn around, and you drive back up the motorway with minimal fuss.

chainmailguy:

eagerbeaver:

An oldie with no limiter? :wink:

AndrewG:

chainmailguy:

eagerbeaver:

An oldie with no limiter? :wink:

haha nah not quite. 2011 daf with a generous 55 mph that my missus followed. she had it on cruise at 60. ive had it 3 weeks and been over taked 3 times.

a heavy bulker down hill
a scottish livestock haulier going like the clappers

and the police daf

i like it and a 4 over 4 manual with a split. not gonna complain

eagerbeaver:

Your right Mr Beaver those job interviews just have to be got to lol :smiley:

chainmailguy:
i like it and a 4 over 4 manual with a split. not gonna complain

Nice, cant beat a 4/4 range/split, a bit old school but id have one any day over an auto…

Daytrunker:

eagerbeaver:

Your right Mr Beaver those job interviews just have to be got to lol :smiley:

Nah, he’s got to get to Costa before they close!! :laughing:

You can’t beat a good coffee :sunglasses: