Urgent weekly rest clarification!

Is this weekly rest legal? 2 reduced back to back
Week commencing 26th was a reduced and week commencing 31st i plan to reduce also but I can have regular weekly rest in that week.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=158615#p2549523

That looks like 3 reduced consecutively to me.

Vid:

Looks like 2 to me.

bald bloke:

Vid:

Looks like 2 to me.

5th to 11th - 1
12th - 16th - 2
17th - 23rd - 3

Vid:

bald bloke:

Vid:

Looks like 2 to me.

5th to 11th - 1
12th - 16th - 2
17th - 23rd - 3

But 2 in the same week you can only use 1 of them I believe which is what I was getting at I think !!

Oh I don’t know I’m too tired to think :smiley:

There’s no problem having 2 consecutive reduced weekly rest periods in the same week, in fact it doesn’t matter how many consecutive reduced weekly rest periods you have as long as you have a regular weekly rest period every second week.

Sent from my mobile.

In any two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks a driver must take at least:

2 regular weekly rests or
one regular weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest

Other weekly rests of any type may be taken in any 2 consecutive ‘fixed weeks’ in addition to this minimum requirement.

I also seem to remember that if a weekly rest goes across 2 fixed weeks (Sunday to Monday) it can fall within either week, but not both.

So my understanding would be.
W/C 3/12 full weekly rest. 3-5/12
W/C 10/12 reduced rest taken on 16/12
W/C 17/12 needs a full weekly rest.

Rest periods on 9 and 11th are just considered extra rest periods over the minimum required.

No idea where anyone gets the idea of rest belonging in a fixed week?

An actual working week starts at the end of a weekly rest period, and finishes when another weekly rest period is commenced, which may mean that weekly rest is taken in the middle of a fixed (Monday–Sunday) week. This is perfectly acceptable – the working week is not required to be aligned with the ‘fixed’ week defined in the rules, provided all the relevant limits are complied with.

Vid:

An actual working week starts at the end of a weekly rest period, and finishes when another weekly rest period is commenced, which may mean that weekly rest is taken in the middle of a fixed (Monday–Sunday) week. This is perfectly acceptable – the working week is not required to be aligned with the ‘fixed’ week defined in the rules, provided all the relevant limits are complied with.

From here

A few paragraphs down from where you got your quote.

Other weekly rests of any type may be taken in any 2 consecutive ‘fixed weeks’ in addition to this minimum requirement.

However, where such a rest period is of at least 69 hours in total and starts in one fixed week and ends in the next fixed week, it may be counted as 2 back-to-back weekly rests (eg a 45-hour weekly rest followed by 24 hours),

But agreed you don’t have to take you rest to fall in line with fixed weeks.

Vid:

Basically there are two different types of week, fixed weeks and working weeks. For this reason it can be entirely legal to drive for ten hours on four consecutive days.

muckles:

Vid:

From here
Drivers’ hours and tachographs: goods vehicles - 1. EU and AETR rules on drivers’ hours - Guidance - GOV.UK

A few paragraphs down from where you got your quote.

However, where such a rest period is of at least 69 hours in total and starts in one fixed week and ends in the next fixed week, it may be counted as 2 back-to-back weekly rests (eg a 45-hour weekly rest followed by 24 hours),

But agreed you don’t have to take you rest to fall in line with fixed weeks.

Don’t think we’re arguing here, if the OP works tomorrow then DV(O)SA will castrate him.

Vid:
Don’t think we’re arguing here, if the OP works tomorrow then DV(O)SA will castrate him.

As long as he starts a new weekly rest period no later than 144 hours from the end of the last one he can have Monday off and work tomorrow.

If he has Sunday and Monday off it will count as a regular weekly rest period for this week.

Vid:
Don’t think we’re arguing here,

Pleased to say nope we’re not arguing, :smiley: unless you want an argument? :laughing:

muckles:

Vid:
Don’t think we’re arguing here,

Pleased to say nope we’re not arguing, :smiley: unless you want an argument? :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNkjDuSVXiE

Haven’t got a fiver, sorry.