Urgent parking need in birmingham asap b4 6pm

urgent parking needed just had delivery refused too late n gotta be back for 7in morning

postcode where i am is b7 5et

anyone any advice asap for where can safelky park up for night

am out of time @6pm plenty driving available

many thanks

It’s a dump, but you could try

Birmingham Truckstop

Truckstop, Wharf Road
Tyseley
Birmingham
West Midlands
B11 2EB

do they allow fridges running and any idea of cost

Junction 12 M6 northbound,right on A5 just past Hollies on your left, about a mile on the right.Good cafe A1 food truckers rest,i think its called.

GAZLEEDS:

Not sure about fridges, parking is £5, here’s a link transportcafe.co.uk/birmingh … _cafe.html

mr monk has done it

Harry Monk:

GAZLEEDS:

Not sure about fridges, parking is £5, here’s a link transportcafe.co.uk/birmingh … _cafe.html

No way mr monk that looks a ■■■■ hole !!! if that was me i would go up to truckers rest A5 j12 m6

If you do go to truckers rest the traffic from J12-6 on the M6 at that time in the morning is quite bad. Leave ample time.

A lot of lorries have nights out on the trading estate near the Christian Salvesen Tyre Depot a few mile away, if you know where that is.

cheers for all info

friend recomended to head south to m5 junction 1 n am parked up on industrial estate behind keltruck and outside batleys

starting at half 5 heading back up to drop so hopefully traffic wont be too bad

GAZLEEDS:
cheers for all info

friend recomended to head south to m5 junction 1 n am parked up on industrial estate behind keltruck and outside batleys

There used to be a truckstop there, am I the only one old enough to remember it?

Hiya …god that birmingham truckstop is rough.I tryed it years ago(15) it was full of drunks and
down and outs. i think they get a cheap room there.if you thinking of useing that place call
at a supermarket to get food and stay in your cab. give exact money don,t except any chane
it,ll be minging.It made Lincon farm seem like the Dorchester.I can go to india and egypt
and not get deli belly my emune system is so good after eating at the airport cafe A38
John

Harry Monk:

GAZLEEDS:
cheers for all info

There used to be a truckstop there, am I the only one old enough to remember it?

Remember the truckstop well,went there several times.Could not make out why it ever shut down,prime spot ,good facilities,but i suppose the land it was built on was worth ££££££££££££££££ for industrial buildings.

3300John:
Hiya …god that birmingham truckstop is rough.I tryed it years ago(15) it was full of drunks and
down and outs. i think they get a cheap room there.if you thinking of useing that place call
at a supermarket to get food and stay in your cab. give exact money don,t except any chane
it,ll be minging.It made Lincon farm seem like the Dorchester.I can go to india and egypt
and not get deli belly my emune system is so good after eating at the airport cafe A38
John

lincoln farm aint that bad fella

Will:

Harry Monk:

GAZLEEDS:
cheers for all info

Remember the truckstop well,went there several times.Could not make out why it ever shut down,prime spot ,good facilities,but i suppose the land it was built on was worth ££££££££££££££££ for industrial buildings

Hiya …yes i used west brom all the time 4 nights some weeks.Do you remember the manager his name was Castle
he was a top Shell manager but he was put out to graze(the truck stop)and he did,nt like that.he got rid of carnforth and later did a deal with IICR B and Q and Linde and sold out. This got him back into Shell offices.
He never liked truck drivers at any time…He never did anything that was a good number to me.
There was a chap who worked at the truck stop can,t remember his name but his brother was the Hope
anti jacknife chap…useless knowlage.
John

Some more photographs of this marvellous facility for the 21st century truck driver…

Still, at least the Crack Whores who are housed there by the local Council are cheap and obliging :wink:

Dread to think what goes on in the back of that old furniture van :confused:

Last time (the only time) I went to Birmingham T/S I nearly broke my tooth on a ‘frozen Meat and Potatoe Pie’ !!!
I got no apology and it was ‘defrosted’ in the microwave and given back .

Am I correct in thinking there is Overnight HGV Parking on one of the Car Parks just off the Inner Ring Road ?

lincoln farm aint that bad fella
[/quote]
Not been there for a few years, but have been in a lot of better places.

The truckstop there was the original truckers haven and a bit of a flagship in its time, clean tidy and half decent food… trouble was just the otherside of the roundabout (where steel and alloy still are) was a long stretch of road that had been bypassed by the dual carriageway and every one who knew parked there and used the truckstop for free.

no wonder they moved to carnforth :slight_smile:

If you do park ouside Steel and Alloy the pub over the road (Greyhound?? )used to be very welcoming to drivers and there was a chippy and chinky within a few minutes walking distance

We still park outside that Steel and alloy place now and again. The pub still welcomes drivers.

As for birmingham truckstop, i’ve only parked there once. About 8 years ago. Didn’t think it was that bad. Ok, it wasn’t the ritz but still. Had a few games of pool with an Irish driver. Come to think, it may even have been a Boyles driver. Probably the last time he had a break. :stuck_out_tongue: