Urgent legal advice needed

Hi guys,

i really need your help here to let me know where i stand legally and what my responsibilities are.

one of the drivers i work with is ex armed forces and appears to be misusing controlled prescription medication (some type of morphine) and is also exhibiting signs of PTSD.

i have discussed this with a doctor/consultant friend of the family and a staff nurse that i know and they have said that i need to report it to the DVLA, if i do this would it mean he would be sacked or have his licence revoked? he has told me that his licence was suspended in the past.

no body likes a rat but if he has an incident and the police are involved whilst i am working with him i don’t want to be doing time for it, we all know what happened with Harry Clark the Glasgow bin lorry driver killing those 6 people.

Not necessarily my opinion but most people here will side with this anonymous other driver and tell you to mind your own business

Does your TM know? If not, then have a quiet word off the record. Beyond that, you have no responsibilities.

Certainly it would not be for you to be reporting him to DVLA, all you have is your own supposition. I’m guessing you’re not a medical doctor, so again, not for you to be saying he’s got PTSD - even though you may potentially not be wrong.

Are you double-manning with him? If so, definitely share your concerns with your TM. If you’re not double manning, why should you be “doing time” for any of his activities?

Maybe try having a matey word with him, he might be having a hard time with something and might appreciate a friend.

Zac_A:
Not necessarily my opinion but most people here will side with this anonymous other driver and tell you to mind your own business

Does your TM know? If not, then have a quiet word off the record. Beyond that, you have no responsibilities.

Certainly it would not be for you to be reporting him to DVLA, all you have is your own supposition. I’m guessing you’re not a medical doctor, so again, not for you to be saying he’s got PTSD - even though you may potentially not be wrong.

Are you double-manning with him? If so, definitely share your concerns with your TM. If you’re not double manning, why should you be “doing time” for any of his activities?

Maybe try having a matey word with him, he might be having a hard time with something and might appreciate a friend.

Hi Zac,

i discussed this PTSD thing with an organisation that deals with it and they agree that he is displaying sign of it, i talked to them for an hour on the phone. i am not a doctor but i have talked with a doctor and a staff nurse and the events i described to them and they both agreed that his actions/symptoms resembled drug withdrawal symptoms, and yes i am double manning with him.

oh and i tried to have a friendly convo with him and lets say that really didn’t go well at all and that would be a major understatement.

thanks for your input

Did you have a drug test when you started with the company? Isn’t that normal? I have every place I’ve worked. I would ask your TM to drug test the entire driving workforce so that he isn’t singled out.
Don’t suppose you get much rest when he is driving you?