Urgent hours question

Hi all,

Just writing a report just now and wanting to confirm the following:

How many times a week can I be on duty for 15 hours? Something in my head says its two.

My driving time does not matter as its very little. How many hours trigger using a 15 hour?

I know it’s a basic question but my head is elsewhere due to an incident today.

Three

stagedriver:
How many hours trigger using a 15 hour?

If you work more than 13 hrs, then it is a “15 hr” as you cannot have 11 hrs rest within the 24 hrs since you started work. So as soon as you pass 13 hrs you are on a reduced daily rest.

How many times a week can I be on duty for 15 hours? Something in my head says its two.

Six. You are phrasing the question wrong as the rules do not say how long you can be on duty only how much rest you must have. If you have split rests every day then you can be on duty for 15 hours every working day of the week. If you mean how many times can I reduce my daily rest it is 3.

My driving time does not matter as its very little. How many hours trigger using a 15 hour?

Any day that you have less than 11 hours daily rest is a reduced rest day unless you split with a 3 and then 9 hour uninterupted periods of rest.

You can reduce your daily rest to no more than 3 times BETWEEN WEEKLY RESTS which is not always the same as per week because a week is defined as sunday midnight to sunday midnight whereas a driver may have a weekly rest during the middle of every week

You can do 6 x 15 hours shifts between weekly rests but 3 of then would need an unbroken 3 hour break in them to make those 3 x split daily rests

I’m told you can not work more than average of 60 a week in any given two consecutive weeks.
Please correct if I’m wrong.

cyrus123:
I’m told you can not work more than average of 60 a week in any given two consecutive weeks.
Please correct if I’m wrong.

You are indeed wrong. Next!

60 hours max in a week. (Breaks and POA not counted). 48 hours working average over the reference period.