Urgent Cpc question!

Hi I’m new here. I use this forum for info but I now need some help!
I’ve been an arborist for 13 years but now looking to change career. I did my C licence back in 2006 to drive a cherry picker. I’m now two days into training for CE licence. I thought this would go towards my CPC as my trainer company is registered for it but was told today it won’t count as I didn’t pay for it before my training started even though I did say I needed it. I’m now looking at having to do extra days training to get my 35 hours which of course is more money. I’ve looked into the CPC now and noticed pre 2009 drivers get acquired rights but I’m not exactly sure what this means for me.
Can someone please explain exactly what someone in my position with pre 2009 cat C licence but no prior CPC needs to do to achieve a current CPC?
I know this info is available online but it often seems overly complicated and contradicting so I’m craving some logical simplicity!
Also if someone knows if cpc training hours can be back dated to include todays and yesterdays CE training that be great.

You have 2 routes to driver cpc. Periodic training - 35hrs OR Mods 2 and 4 (case studies test and prac demonstration test).

If you post your actual training times I’ll tell you if it’s possible to claim cpc. There’s no problem with it being backdated up to 5 days so you should be able to get it sorted and it’s the obvious thing to do.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ok thanks Pete. I probably should of done more searches on here as the cpc issue has already been covered but thanks for confirming for me.
I started training at 8am yesterday (18/04/16) finished 4pm and again today (19/04/16) same times. Was told cpc hours couldn’t be back dated but you say if within five days it’s possible?

From that information, provided there was no more than 1 hour in breaks each day, you can get 7 hours cpc from each day.

There’s no reason in the cpc rules why they cant do this; maybe they haven’t got the accreditation for the course after all??

You can check that on the JAUPT website.

I’m doing my c+e and it’s covering my 28 hours of cpc. I had to pay 80 pounds for this and the remaining 7 hours I’ll do in a classroom

Going in for my third day today. I’m not going to mention which company I am using as so far I am really happy with the standard of training but they are official cpc trainers. I will see if I can use last two days for cpc and if not will question why not. Would prefer to have something official in writing to show them to show its possible. Otherwise I’m left with trying to get them to show me why they can’t back date it which they may say is just company policy. We shall see. Thanks for the advice. I will post how it goes later.

From the information you’ve given, you can get 7 hours for each day you’ve done/are doing. Probably not test day as test time cannot be credited towards cpc hours.

They have 5 days to upload the fact you’ve done it (electronically).

Cant understand what their difficulty is from your info.

Question for Pete …

I take it you have to pre-notify JAUPT of the training in the same way I have to (at least 24h notice) for all classroom based training?

If so - then this may be the problem. The admin involved for the training company is extra work. If they haven’t pre-notified the course as being DCPC and date etc then they cannot upload it without that triggering a potential disciplinary issue. That’s how it works for us classroom based DCPC providers.

I received a disciplinary email from JAUPT warning me I had pre-notified 29 courses and uploaded 30. They threatened removal of my centre approval and reminded me of my legal obligations etc. Turns out it was JAUPT were wrong but that’s not unusual :unamused:

So if the OP didn’t say he wanted DCPC - they didn’t notify JAUPT of the dates and now can’t do anything but fob the OP off.

EDIT: PS - I’m surprised you (Pete) haven’t had an email from JAUPT to tell you the logo on your website is wrong. They kindly instructed me to get all mine changed after threatening action against me for breaking the terms of my approval. Seems they changed the logo guidelines but didn’t actually tell anyone :wink:

You have a valid point. We don’t have the problem as the courses are ongoing so notice is given routinely.

The logo will be updated when the website is re-launched which, in truth, should have been ages ago. But folks don’t always work as quickly as they promise!