ups tramper ..

has any body worked for ups tramping ? been offered work with them tramping but cant recall ever seeing their trucks tramping before, if any one can shed any light on this I would be grateful which units do they use etc etc will give me the heads up before I go ? …

You maybe their first tramper ever, got to be worth, 16 pound an hour in my book. :smiley:

It’s £120 a shift+night out money max hours lot Argos rdc work. Mostly daf xf box trls.
Not a job for me to much rushing about and when you work it out your working for min wage!
Fill your boots!

Yep concur with the above, chasing your arse all the time. Even the agencies can’t get anyone to do it.

“Chasing your arse off” and “Argos rdc work” don’t go in the same sentence :laughing:

Jack-knife:
It’s £120 a shift+night out money max hours lot Argos rdc work. Mostly daf xf box trls.
Not a job for me to much rushing about and when you work it out your working for min wage!
Fill your boots!

I have only seen the job rate at shaw cross. At other depot’s they pay an hourly rate (on agency)… supply and demand?

Obviously a different scale over here but we have UPS and Fed Ex long haul or trampers as you call them. They hardly ever see home, in fact Fed Ex call it ‘Fed Ex Custom critical’ and they seem to actually favour husband and wife teams, even the rigids they use have huge sleepers that seem to take up half the truck length.

It might not be ‘tramping’ like on general haulage but may be their term for a driver that has nights out at a ups depot, similar to being outbased, City Link and ANC used to do this a lot, not sure if they still do.

hi
I used to work for ups, didn’t know they had any trampers on the parcels division. we were called line haul drivers,lol.

Ups scs (supply chain systems) I think do tramping. From Coventry. Also Tamworth does Paris trunks.

When UPS was carryfast they had a unit load division labelled Haulfast. They had the higher spec vehicles than Carryfast and did nights away (not sure about tramping that’s a whole different thing).
I think as someone said earlier this now comes under the banner of Supply Chain Solutions.

do’nt be surprised to get some handball :open_mouth:

i did ups out of shawcross,job could go either way,sometimes 2 trunks derby or a run to motherwell,on agency i got £100 for a shift and if they could get the job to stretch 15 hours they would.

Theres been one come into ours a few times in the last couple of months, brand new Super Space Cab 460 6x2’s with box vans. Looks the biz.

Renault premium and tri axle curtainsiders as well!!! :laughing: :sunglasses: :grimacing:

“When UPS was carryfast they had a unit load division labelled Haulfast.”

Flip, UPS was never carryfast. UPS purchased carryfast. I was working for UPS when they purchased carryfast. I was moved to an ex-carryfast depot and left after a while as they were a shower of ■■■■■■■■■■
You are right about UPS keeping haulfast which only did full trailer loads, never parcels.

kindle530:
Theres been one come into ours a few times in the last couple of months, brand new Super Space Cab 460 6x2’s with box vans. Looks the biz.

That’s me sold.

Truckbling:

kindle530:

That’s me sold.

LOL

You will need your own peek a boos Truckbling… Im sure they wont provide them, so you could lose 1 or 2 days pay on that alone.

Dont even think about buying the light bar on £100 a day :smiley:

I have just been offered £120.00 per shift plus £56.00 for run in sat am and £25.00 night out to work for them on agency,
how much do there drivers earn direct?.

Used to a ‘double Derby’ out of Shaw Cross many years ago.

If you banged it hard and the trailers were ready, you could be round it in just under 8.

All vehicles were sheds but legal. All TOs were two faced and security were just hell bent on making your shift difficult.I eventually shut them up by mentioning that they were only there because they were cheaper than a padlock.

UPS do supply chain work for Argos all over the country,its pick up a palletised load, and then in the main its into Argos and swap trailers.
Where "tramping"comes in I think its a case of ie pick up Coventry to Argos Basildon mt out pick up London for Argos Bridgewater and so on.