UPS - Tamworth - Would You Leave

Would you leave your drivers licence with security staff if parking on there premises? It wasnt asked for when I went in but after having 12hours off on there premises and as I was leaving an Asian man walked out with a load of SEALED envelopes asking me my name? My reply was Why? Then he proceeds to say my licence should have been left when I came in! My ques was why? Answer was the usual - Health & Safety… Now after being scammed this week with my credit card by people from Bradford living the high life using my card whilst im working and now this @ UPS■■? Seems dodgy and its a rig ma roll to get back in but if/when I do go back I will be asking if this is standard procedure? Then I will park up elsewhere as if anyone who goes there will know its people of the Asian Ethnnic minority that work there and we know that licences are easy forms of identity = sent abroad etc etc…

So would you hand it over?

nope.

Not a chance,the amount of times an RDC have mixed the keys up and tried to give me somebody else keys…and they want my licence :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’d tell phonejacker and his mates to go forth. From personal experience I wouldn’t trust them to find there bottom with both hands let alone look after your personal documentation :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the only way mine would be handed over is if they pulled it out of my ■■■. if needed i would hand mine over to the police. and that if there being nice.

No way mate!!

Not a chance i dont even take mine to work

In theory? No chance. :open_mouth:

( In reality? Probably. My Transport Manager’s a VERY scary woman, and I wouldn’t dare ring up and say I can’t tip because I won’t hand my licence over. :blush: :blush: :blush: )

I dont care what my boss or tm would say there is no way i would hand my licience or passport or anything else come to that :slight_smile: I would simply leave :slight_smile:

i don’t carry it with me. it is not a legal requirement and if some jumped up, waste of space, gate monkey want’s it he can kiss my fat hairy behind.

why the [zb] do they want your licence for??..is this just so you can park up onsite? i would have told him my licence is back at the depot with the transport office for safe keepin,so if you want to check if i have a licence phone the transport dept!

Aye id hand over the one i got in my coco pops

i would just laugh in his face and tell him to go forth.

scottishcruiser:
Would you leave your drivers licence with security staff if parking on there premises? It wasnt asked for when I went in but after having 12hours off on there premises and as I was leaving an Asian man walked out with a load of SEALED envelopes asking me my name? My reply was Why? Then he proceeds to say my licence should have been left when I came in! My ques was why? Answer was the usual - Health & Safety… Now after being scammed this week with my credit card by people from Bradford living the high life using my card whilst im working and now this @ UPS■■? Seems dodgy and its a rig ma roll to get back in but if/when I do go back I will be asking if this is standard procedure? Then I will park up elsewhere as if anyone who goes there will know its people of the Asian Ethnnic minority that work there and we know that licences are easy forms of identity = sent abroad etc etc…

So would you hand it over?

Wot de problem wi people from Bradford innit?

Last week I was in UPS Dewsbury and all I was asked for was my name, registration number and trailer number! No mention of my driving licence and if they did ask for it I would tell them it’s company policy (mine) not to carry it :wink:

no way

Not a chance, the best they would get from me is company ID and that’s their lot, and that applies regardless of race or skin colour… :imp: :smiling_imp:

mucker85:
i don’t carry it with me. it is not a legal requirement…

Actually it is a legal requirement to carry your licence. However the first step in dealing with failing to carry it is a producer so no real problem to committing the offence.

:open_mouth: not a snowball in hells chance an if i cnt tip then they can sign the note as refused and off i pop :wink:

howatsi:
Last week I was in UPS Dewsbury and all I was asked for was my name, registration number and trailer number! No mention of my driving licence and if they did ask for it I would tell them it’s company policy (mine) not to carry it :wink:

Same when I went in, they handed me a PASS as I was staying in there property and no talk of drivers licence, its just when I came out the Security guy came out with a load of envelopes with names on front with supposedly OTHER drivers licences inside… Oh well roll on next time and we’ll see what happens.

not a chance in hell would i hand mine over.