UPS paying £12.74ph for 7.5t drivers

Seems decent enough even if it’s a bit of graft,guaranteed 40hrs full time.
Anyone done any work for them?
Seems to pay more than A LOT of class 1 jobs!

Hell of a lot more. :confused: I did it for a sub contractor, but I had a huge round with over 130 stops a day in a Sprinter. Had to load/ unload my own van. The regular 7.5t drivers that work direct, used to have theirs loaded and unloaded for them. Not that many stops either. Very strict rues and regs though.

never worked for UPS, but for other parcel firms,58 drops/collections/timed deliveries/phone always rings for p.o.d.and more collections, they deserve every penny, its a young lads game.

Is this Self-employed like one sees advertised, or do they actually pay you a salary?

There’s people driving liveried vans at places like Fedex, Yodel, & TNT pulling in £1000 a week gross - but you bloody work hard for that money, and you’ve got the overhead of the van to run out of it as well. :frowning:

Salaried would be the way to go - IF you had a decent round. If you are paid by the hour, then fewer drops further apart would be better, as it burns the time up nicely, what with you being paid by the hour and not per item like the self employed folks do.

If you are self-employed, then you want a very compact round, City Suburbia (Not inner city with it’s many blocks of flats…) if you can get it. :bulb:

Winseer:
Is this Self-employed like one sees advertised, or do they actually pay you a salary?

There’s people driving liveried vans at places like Fedex, Yodel, & TNT pulling in £1000 a week gross - but you bloody work hard for that money, and you’ve got the overhead of the van to run out of it as well. :frowning:

Salaried would be the way to go - IF you had a decent round. If you are paid by the hour, then fewer drops further apart would be better, as it burns the time up nicely, what with you being paid by the hour and not per item like the self employed folks do.

If you are self-employed, then you want a very compact round, City Suburbia (Not inner city with it’s many blocks of flats…) if you can get it. :bulb:

It’s full time employed.

ckm1981:

Winseer:

It’s full time employed.

+1…and no ■■■■■ aloud :open_mouth:
They do not mess around, always on the go, so its well earned :wink:
You can never get one of their drivers to hold a conversation, they are always go go go…I think they get 10 cans of redbull a day on the company :laughing:

Stanley Mitchell:

ckm1981:

Winseer:

It’s full time employed.

+1…and no [zb] aloud :open_mouth:
You can never get one of their drivers to hold a conversation, they are always go go go…I think they get 10 cans of redbull a day on the company [emoji38]

They have a rule called the 379 rule (I’m almost certain that’s what it’s called) which prevents them talking to customers when they stop. They worked it out that if they talked to people at every stop, they could loose over an hour of work per day. UPS figured out that this means its possible to do at least another 15 stops per day if the drivers follow this rule.

damoq:

Stanley Mitchell:

ckm1981:

Winseer:

It’s full time employed.

+1…and no [zb] aloud :open_mouth:
You can never get one of their drivers to hold a conversation, they are always go go go…I think they get 10 cans of redbull a day on the company [emoji38]

They have a rule called the 379 rule (I’m almost certain that’s what it’s called) which prevents them talking to customers when they stop. They worked it out that if they talked to people at every stop, they could loose over an hour of work per day. UPS figured out that this means its possible to do at least another 15 stops per day if the drivers follow this rule.

They don`t even talk when they are in a queue @ security, they are all jumpy, like they are sponsored by coke :open_mouth:

See my insight i did a few years ago

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66898

Still there, 16 years and counting.

Money is good, but as others have said they work you bloody hard for it. If you can knuckle down and let all the productivity figures they throw at you every day go over your head you’ll be fine. It’s all about productivity and figures, for example if they can cut a route out when it’s quiet then the productivity figures for the depot go up as there is less drivers doing the same amount of drops across the board. The driver who’s route is cut out still gets paid but he’s not “on road” in other means he doesn’t have a machine signed in but he’ll likely drive around all day feeding odd parcels out to the route drivers or worst, he’ll have a bulk drop which you have to go and meet him at just so you can scan the packages and get a signature. It’s ■■■■■■■ annoying as it puts you out messing around having to meet up with them especially if it’s somewhere you’ve already been but you get used to it.

They go on about accidents/injuries etc constantly, they class anything from a scrape to writing a van off as an accident and you’re made to feel like the worst person on the earth and then endure follow up safety rides with either the trainer or supervisor, mountains of paperwork and other ■■■■■■■■. All the vans have minor scrapes and scratches on which are usually blamed on the vehicles washers :laughing:

Vehicles are well maintained, most of the older trucks like in my thread above have gone, there’s the odd one around but spares are hard to get hold of so they’re being scrapped. We’ve got 7 in our yard awaiting the scrapper. They’ve just started a fleet renewal based on the Sprinter, ranging from 3t to 5.5t. These will replace the Varios eventually as they’ve ceased production.

I love the job, it’s hard work and as i said you get bombarded with ■■■■■■■■ but i go out and do the work. I have some awesome customers (and some ■■■■■) and they tip well at Christmas. You get extra holiday the longer you’re there. I’m up to 28 days not including Bank Hols, Pension is also good if you sign up early. Join the Union, they are good for work conditions etc, we’ve just got a 2% payrise backdated to March for the 3rd year running.

Can’t be arrsed to rush round all day even if the money is good I’d rather earn less just plodding on steadily.

Lift up to 70 kgs .you’d think national rules of 25 kg would apply .oafs seeking training respond to non reg work .OK .ok