Uploading

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before or covered somewhere in the rules… But can you post short videos and if so what format do they have to be in?

Thanks in advance

Matt

There are video handlers built into the forum.

I am not sure if there are any exceptions to the video format.

You can definitely post YouTube videos.

dar1976:
There are video handlers built into the forum.

I am not sure if there are any exceptions to the video format.

You can definitely post YouTube videos.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping to be able to post one of my own :confused:

ERF Lover:
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before or covered somewhere in the rules… But can you post short videos and if so what format do they have to be in?

Thanks in advance

Matt

You need to post them on Youtube first, then you can post a link here, if you want the video to show in a post just copy/paste the Youtube video address into you post and surround it with the video tags.

Example:
Link to the video by posting the video URL.

youtube.com/watch?v=APWEazKY … b7&index=3

To include the actual video in the post, copy/paste the link as above, select the whole link and press the “video” button above the message box.

OR

Type the video tags at the start and end of the link as shown bellow.

[.video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWEazKYpi4&list=PLbCHzd76Q_98A-c79qG2salSNpdW-lVb7&index=3[./video]

I’ve stopped the link above showing as a video but when you do it the video will show in the post as it does below.

Thank you, I shall give it a go tomorrow :smiley:

I tried to post a video, but it will not allow any file bigger than 2MB. I tried to upload one smaller than this, but it refused file extensions .mov, .mp4, .mpg, and .flv. Unless someone finds out what file extensions it likes, you are stuck with uploading the video to Youtube, then posting a link. You highlight the link, then click the Video button in the row of buttons above the post text box, like he said in the above post.