Uploading pics to forum?

anyone let me know how this works? me and technology dont mix

cheers :slight_smile:

CLICKY :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

PS - if you are really struggling then PM me :slight_smile:

open an account at photobucket (google it) and upload your pics to there, (it has a box where you upload 3 at a time and you browse your computer for the files, i make a new folder in desktop and put them there.) then when you are ready click on the 3rd line under your pic and it will say “copied”
then in your post on here right click your mouse and left click on “paste”
when you submit your post the pic will automaticly load.if you delete your pics from photobucket i think they wont show in your post

take a couple of goes but keep trying.
hope that helps

gezt:
open an account at photobucket

photobucket.com/register/?specia … b_join_now

When you’ve uploaded your images to Photobucket (Photobucket is free to use) they will show up in Photobucket like the one above, you’ll see the four fields below the image “Email & IM” - “Direct Link” - “HTML Code” and “IMG Code”.

If you click in the third one (HTML Code) it will copy the HTML code to your clipboard which you can then paste into a post here, this will work for you but to be honest unless you understand HTML you won’t have a clue what the code means, and if you try it on a site that doesn’t allow HTML to be inserted it won’t work.

Personally I would suggest clicking in the fourth field marked “IMG Code”, this will copy far less code to your clipboard and you’re more likely to understand it when you paste it into a post, also it will work on any forum.

Also be aware that if you delete or change the images in Photobucket they will be deleted or changed here to.

Good luck.

personally I would suggest clicking in the fourth field marked “IMG Code”, this will copy far less code to your clipboard and you’re more likely to understand it when you paste it into a post, also it will work on any forum.

i stand corrected, well spotted tachograph

Jen here :blush:

Click on this link imageshack.us

sussed it now, thanks for your help

tashlad666:
sussed it now, thanks for your help

You can determine the size of the pics BEFORE you upload them :smiley: - there is a drop down tab just under the upload options boxes - I usually go for MEDIUM 640 x something :blush: as that is MESSAGE BOARD size and fits well on this site - too small and they are hard to see and too big and they will make the viewing page too wide for comfortable viewing :angry:

for pics already uploaded you can resize them by using EDIT in PB - just wait a few seconds whilst the pic to be resized, or whatever you are doing to it, is uploaded into the edit suite.

they arent too bad size are they?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33741

tashlad666:
they arent too bad size are they?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33741

you did this same time as I put comment on the above :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - see above link :wink: