Uploading CV's

I’ve attempted to upload my CV to several prospective employers,and on several occasions it’s been bounced because it’s in the wrong format i.e.wps,as I’ve produced it using Microsoft Works.
It seems that these sites will only accept documents in .doc or .pdf etc;
Does anyone know what software produces documents in other formats ?
And WTF won’t they accept the most widely used office software on the planet :smiling_imp:

if you open it up then click on file at top left then choose save as.
when the box comes up use the section where it says save as type and choose txt then save it.you wont loose the original as it will save a copy in that type.

Turn it into a PDF* then it can be read with ADOBE, PDF* is available free just Google it.

Use OpenOffice.org (the site’s the same as the name) It’s free (as in cost and open source) and as close to MS Office as you’ll need.

It can open and save all the standard formats - .doc, .xls, .pdf etc.

What is Microsoft Works. :question:

ROG:

It’s the cheap version of certain elements of MS office, mainly MS Word. It comes free with a lot of computer packages.

Microsoft have deliberately (maybe) made it (slightly) incompatible so you have to go out and spend hundreds on Office if you want to share documents.

Never had a problem sending cv’s out in works format (rtf)

ROG:

A lie, usually. It rarely does. :laughing:

Paul

MS works is an oxymoron, like Military intelligence.
As an alternative to downloading and installing the FREE open office, you could copy and paste the whole thing into wordpad, which is a super-cutdown word for windows. You can then save it as a word 6 document. Any eejit can read that.