Upgrading entitlement within 2 years of original theory

Ok… I am getting my C1 as part of my initial ambulance training, so at present I’m cramming for my theory.

I believe that a theory lasts for 2 years. When I pass my C1 in a few months, could I go in for cat C training off my own back without re-doing my theory if it’s within 2 years? Or does a pass at any category invalidate it and need a brand new one?

Cheers chaps.

Once you pass the theory and C1 driving test you will never have to take another theory for Cat C. The theory test is the same test for C1 and C so you only have to pass it once (so long as practical is passed within 2 years)

I was in ambulance service and had to get my c1 but instead of doing just that I went straight in for C as it serves as a good backup to have incase you leave ambulance service…like I did.

When you send off D2 form tick C & D only as that will allow the D4 medical to cover all the C & D categories in the future without the need for another provisional medical

Pass theory - becomes invalid after 2 years if not converted into a practical pass

If converted within 2 years then no more LGV theory needed to gain other categories in the LGV category group even if that is in 25 years time !

No initial driver cpc needed for NHS ambo but you will need it in the future if you then want to drive LGV commercially
The initial can be taken at any time in the future if not needed now

ROG:
When you send off D2 form tick C & D only as that will allow the D4 medical to cover all the C & D categories in the future without the need for another provisional medical

Pass theory - becomes invalid after 2 years if not converted into a practical pass

If converted within 2 years then no more LGV theory needed to gain other categories in the LGV category group even if that is in 25 years time !

No initial driver cpc needed for NHS ambo but you will need it in the future if you then want to drive LGV commercially

That’s exactly what I did when getting my medical so I am covered for my D1 in the future too!

TJ82:
I was in ambulance service and had to get my c1 but instead of doing just that I went straight in for C as it serves as a good backup to have incase you leave ambulance service…like I did.

The ambulance service are paying so I have no option but to go for the C1 but plan on upgrading it soon after with my own funds.

Double post… Oops.

kurisu:

ROG:

That’s exactly what I did when getting my medical so I am covered for my D1 in the future too!

TJ82:

The ambulance service are paying so I have no option but to go for the C1 but plan on upgrading it soon after with my own funds.

done well there they wouldn’t pay when I was applying for them in 2009, I had to fund myself so did C too

TJ82:

kurisu:

ROG:

TJ82:

done well there they wouldn’t pay when I was applying for them in 2009, I had to fund myself so did C too

I believe it depends on the trust, some pay in full, some supplement some don’t assist you at all.