Updating - "Maps to RDC's = THE LIST"

As most are aware, and to which many have contributed, we have a thread in the FAQ’s entitled “Maps to RDC’s -THE LIST”, and for those that haven’t yet found it, then they can do so HERE.

Judging by the number of page views, more than 2000 in a little over eight months, it is obviously popular, even though we get little feedback from its users. :unamused:

Whilst we’ve still got the dark evenings and colder weather, can I ask anyone with suitable knowledge to review the list and post with additional locations that may have been missed. I think there is a Coop in Portsmouth that needs to be included, should I know where it is.

Whilst I am aware that Somerfield, Welwyn, is now closed, until someone informs me that it has become a housing estate, it is easier to keep it in the list and simply move the listing as the ownership changes.

Notable exceptions to the list are firms such as B&Q, and Argos. Is there a demand for these to be included?

Which then brings me to the question as to whether the depots of other operators need to be included (or on a separate listing)? Firms such as Fowler Welsh, Turners, Innov@ate/Corby, etc?

And whilst I’m addressing this topic I should also point out that should any Operator want their regular drops/collections mapped and annotated on an A4 printable download, either from our server, or on the back of their own website, then we are open to approaches in this direction. Contact Rikki. :slight_smile:

I constantly witness stressed clerks rifling through a filing drawer looking for ‘stock’ directions only to discover that the folder is empty, and then on checking for the ‘master’, discover that that is also missing, and the driver ends up leaving late with a Multimap print of the post code location. A recipe for (avoidable) damage. :open_mouth:

How much simpler it would be, as with the list of RDC’s. to simply go into the hosting area, identify the customer/supplier by name, confirm which location, and print off a map and directions, which, could even include manoeuvring instructions or even photographs to enable the driver to identify the premises and access between buildings. :slight_smile:

Sounds an excellent idea although i don’t ust the section much.As am agency driver and for the benifit of new drivers it would certainly take out the problem of getting a vague map or a scrawl of the area.

I have found it to be a very useful tool because the addresses we are given at work are often wrong.

So going in armed with a map of where the place is really does help.

I’d like to see B&Q and Brake Brothers added to the list, personally. :smiley:

i think it is a helpful list i have used it a few times to find places

Does anyone have these as a POI for TomTom ?

Ian.

flying_fenman:

I’d like to see B&Q and Brake Brothers added to the list, personally. :smiley:

As the saying goes, “We have the technology.” :slight_smile:

I just need people to point me to where they are. :unamused:

I know the B&Q site just North of Doncaster but don’t know what it is called, errr, could it be ‘Doncaster’. :blush:

I’ve also seen another one off the A1 but, to me it could be anywhere between Stevenage and Newark. :smiley:

Brake Brothers? Haven’t they got a big place at Banbury, or is that 3663, or is it both? :bulb:

ianf6512:
Does anyone have these as a POI for TomTom ?

I’ve started creating one - I was going to put in all of the supermarket RDCs as Favourites anyway, so I figured I might as well create a POI file.

I’ve done Asda so far; others to come. Perhaps TNUK might be interested in hosting it?

Krankee:
I just need people to point me to where they are. :unamused:

Okey dokey - here are a few that I have been to this week that are not listed.

Brake Bros Coventry

Brake Bros Runcorn

Co-op NDC Coventry

3663 have got a great tool for finding their sites here.

Sainsbury Hoddesdon (Rye Park)

Spar Willenhall (AF Blakemore)

Just a wee side note , the tesco at livingston also has new depot on the other side on the A89,(think its the old ffyes place? basicly its the other side of the M8 , less than 5mins from the old depot (think it replaced dundee RDC)

streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=300 … srf&dn=725

Brakes Coventry is actually accesssed by turning down Richardson way and then taking that 1st left.

Brakes Runcorn is just above the word Road on Aston Fields Road.

Although Fenman has got you so close that you’d have to be blind to miss 'em :laughing: but some drivers…■■?

Thanks folks.

Keep them coming but it could be a few days before I have time to update them.

As for hosting a POI file? Not a problem unless it breaches another’s copyright, which obviously, it doesn’t.