Update

Hey Guys

Long time :slight_smile: Just thought I’d post a little update about what’s been happening with my situation. I’m 19, will be 20 in July and had my HGV 1&2 from 18 years old. Started driving Bin lorries (great reversing experience up very tight lanes and streets with only centimeters of clearance in some cases.) Moved onto Night trunking to Manchester from Glasgow and then night shift on artics pulling fridges. Unfortunately the company I had my Class 1 gigs with hit the administrators on Christmas day so I’ve been out of a job since.

Got an email yesterday from the agency whom I had my start with on the Council’s bin lorries, they were typing to say that the Council needed someone and they had requested me by name to go back and work there and help them out (hoooraahhh!). It’s nice to know that they appreciated the help I was giving them and obviously done the job well and safe enough to be asked back. You have to watch with bin lorries, you’re looking after your crew out there and constantly monitoring cameras for anything falling in the back that shouldn’t’ve.

Anyway they said council position is possibly only 3 weeks (was only supposed to be a week last time and I was there about 5 months so can’t complain).

Will see what happens but I accepted the offer to go back and work there, great guys and ■■■■ easy work, 6am-2pm and just shy of £500 in the bank so nothing to complain about. It’s a bit of a shame the offer hadn’t come in later life otherwise I’d have a pension and a job for life but I want a little more of the artics and they don’t have any so it’s not for me unfortunately.

Just thought I’d give you the updates as I found when I started driving trucks properly, trucknet was the last place I thought of haha. :slight_smile:

Sam

glad things are working out for you :slight_smile: I’m well chuffed for you, you earned it!!!

I was reading through some of the old posts, and I came across some of yours when you were training up from scratch. kudos to you mate, you hung in there and made good, I wish you many happy years of trucking :slight_smile:

its hard getting work when you’ve got years of experience. my search for work is fast going to cr4p! :frowning:

jbaz73:
glad things are working out for you :slight_smile: I’m well chuffed for you, you earned it!!!

I was reading through some of the old posts, and I came across some of yours when you were training up from scratch. kudos to you mate, you hung in there and made good, I wish you many happy years of trucking :slight_smile:

its hard getting work when you’ve got years of experience. my search for work is fast going to cr4p! :frowning:

It took me 3 and a bit months of day to day searching when I first passed my Class 2 and like I mentioned I got my first gig with where I’m going back to in Monday, funny enough around the same time I got my first break with them this time last year.

Hang in there, you will get something, honestly!