UPDATE "pro nav "

Well guys I bought one on sunday and taken it back today.
I can honestly say what a pile of ■■■■■ they are.

Do not waste your £199.99 on this, do somert better or go on holiday :smiley:

They must have the lowest processor going in theses things so slow at routing a route when first started, then when routed is done prob after about 5 mins, the ■■■■ thing calculates your route again?

By approx 8 mins your ready to go thats if you get a gps signal which takes ages aswell.

Now here comes the best bit, i was in ipswich and routed my tomtom 920 back to base (Bradford) 4 hours 14 min 214 mile. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now the pro navs :confused: :confused: :confused: route was 290 mile and i think it said 5 hours and 23 min.

This is just some advice to you guys and gals, but each to there own.

cheers for reading

steve

I’m sticking with my TomTom Steve…I only use it as a guide for the last couple of miles anyway, usually plan the route on good old paper maps!

Shrek I do exactly the same with my cheap and cheerful bintone sarnav

I will agree with you there bought one on day of relase took it back after an hour next to u/s still waiting for a refund how did you get yours? :frowning:

went to maplins told them it was ■■■■■ and got my refund straight away.

cheers steve.
I was definatly tempted but you’ve saved me the time and effort.

Dont think it will be too long before tomtom bring out a software update to buy for us.

all i want my sat nav to do is not to direct me down local routes until i’m near my destination. Avoiding bridges i can do myself. Surely that can’t be too complicated.

Mr B:
all i want my sat nav to do is not to direct me down local routes until i’m near my destination. Avoiding bridges i can do myself. Sterly that can’t be too complicated.

I know what you mean mate, my Navman F20 always seems to pull
you off the motorway one junction to early, and then sends you on a jolly :unamused:

my first sat nav was best it’d direct you into every layby! now i pull into them though habit lol

The sad thing is, that when Teleatlas or Navteq take all the data in, they mark weight and height restrictions.

I assume they charge people like Tomtom for each set of data they require and as such, the restrictions we could do with are missed out.

As has been said, local routing if within 2 miles of destination only and major routes at all other times. Shouldnt be too hard to impliment

How come the big Tom hasn’t cashed in on this line of marketing is beyond me.

If I ever manage to get out and about, I just really use Tom to tell me how long i have got left.