Unloading on double yellow lines?

I was under the impression we get 20 minutes?(As long as your actually working not just sitting in cab). Traffic warden told me today 10 minutes maximum?? Impossible to do delivery in that amount of time in our job.

Whereabouts? Londonistan boroughs have their own rules (20 or 40 minutes) but elsewhere in the country there is no limit provided the loading is continuous and no obstruction is caused.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Newport area. Mad how different areas of country act towards us. I’ve been left alone to unload in disabled bays before now because loading bays are full.

Its the companies responsibility to ensure your delivery is in accordance with the law. Any unloading problems i had like that would be a phonecall to office asking for advice on what to do, also asked for a text message confirming that instruction for police or traffic warden to read, (really it was proof for me),
My job was to deliver to an address, arriving at that point and attempting delivery is my job done, lets the clever office bods solve the problem.
Saying all that back in the day we found our own ways of solving problems , today your not even allowed to change a bulb.

Suppose it depends where you are .
Do quite a few drops in manchester city centre to.office blocks and the like. .
And have no choice but to park on double yellow lines. Have seen a few traffic wardens about spoke to them a few times.
And seems be long as your unloading/working and not blocking a junction etc… they tend to leave you alone.
As say that’s Manchester.
I’d guess maybe London and places with red lines would be completely different.
And what I do I ring office tell them double yellow lines. Have park on them.or delivery doesn’t get done
Just covers me incase do happen to get a parking ticket.
Upto now never had 1 or if have it hasn’t be forwarded to me to pay

gezt:
Iown ways of solving problems , today your not even allowed to change a bulb.

Tell me about it while ago I had night out next day bulb had gone so bought on egot a recipet .
Got my.money back.
But was told why . Did you do that. trucks are on lease/contract from Renault. Should took it to the nearest Renault garage and got them to do it.

double yellow lines are all about PARKING and nothing to do with loading/unloading. Now I haven’t picked up my HC for a while but there used to be markings on the kerb (3 2 or 1 )
letting you know when you can and can’t load/unload.
Have there been changes or do some drivers just not know what they should? :unamused:

jakethesnake:
double yellow lines are all about PARKING and nothing to do with loading/unloading. Now I haven’t picked up my HC for a while but there used to be markings on the kerb (3 2 or 1 )
Have there been changes or do some drivers just not know what they should? :unamused:

[emoji110][emoji97] maybe you can figure it out [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jakethesnake:

Do you need the Highway Code to work a keyboard then !!

jakethesnake:

■■■■ me another driving god :laughing:

Arrive at delivery location, see if can enter, No, Double yellows , ring office, tell them, await reply.

biggriffin:
Arrive at delivery location, see if can enter, No, Double yellows , ring office, tell them, await reply.

Early start, go to cafe. Look at delivery point on Google earth. Double yellows? Order another coffee and wait for office to start?
Or just get on with it?

Remembering years ago when I drove for such companies. Yellows can often depend on what you are delivering. I was told that drays were exempt from loading restrictions due to rolling barrels on a pavement due to safety of pedestrians on a footway. Also commerical removals such as pianos / safes etc , I believe, are exempt from from restictions…BUT DONT ACCEPT IT AS THE LAW, cos it could have changed since last time i did both of those things…Such a long time ago. Im getting old now!. Obviously parking like a complete numpty, i.e - Boris Johnson at Corona Virus Lockdown Explanation Meeting will see you get a ticket slapped on yer windscreen, usually when your not looking!

Turned up to…

Collect trays from XPO Doncaster last year.

Long queue of lorries with double yellows the only place to park. Called the office they told me to forget about it and come back empty.

Red Route - No Stopping

Yellow Lines - No Waiting

Unloading is neither Waiting or Parking, although you do have to stop!

Wheel Nut:

Oh, I dunno about that…

Wheel Nut:
Red Route - No Stopping

Yellow Lines - No Waiting

As we see that is too complicated for some. :laughing:

Roymondo:

Wheel Nut:

Oh, I dunno about that…

Are you thinking fly tipping? :laughing: