Unloading and period of availability

im stuck on this, if your,re waiting to be unloaded do you put mode on tacho to period of availability avaible for work and when unloading put it on doing other work. a m8 of mine said when you pull out of factory if your,re stopping for ten mins to check paperwork don,t have tacho on break or you will get done off VOSA. i,ve learnt driving hours and i think wtd as if your working regardless of driving you have to have a break of 30 mins before 6 hrs is up. help on this would be much appreciated, as i don,t want fined when i eventually start worl thanx lez

gothika:
im stuck on this, if your,re waiting to be unloaded do you put mode on tacho to period of availability avaible for work and when unloading put it on doing other work.

If you know how long you will be waiting to unload then you could put it on POA, if not you could put it on break. either way if you are assisting with the unloading then you would put it on other work, if you are just sitting in the cab you can put it back on POA (if you know how long it will be) or break.

gothika:
a m8 of mine said when you pull out of factory if your,re stopping for ten mins to check paperwork don,t have tacho on break or you will get done off VOSA.

Checking paperwork would be classed as other work so you shouldn’t have the mode switch on break while doing this, although 10 minutes wouldn’t count as a break toward the tacho rules anyway.

gothika:
i,ve learnt driving hours and i think wtd as if your working regardless of driving you have to have a break of 30 mins before 6 hrs is up.

No. You require a break of at least 15 minutes before exceeding 6 hours work - Note work is driving or other work so POA does not count toward the 6 hours. You would need another break of 15 minutes if your total work time is between 6 and 9 hours or a further 30 minutes (can be 2x15) if your total working time exceeds 9 hours. For the WTD, at no point must you total more than 6 hours without at least 15 minutes break. Breaks taken to meet the WTD can also count toward tacho breaks as long as they meet the break criteria for the tacho rules. By the same token tacho breaks can also count toward the WTD

Wasnt this discused at lenght in another tread

Here I think trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

and again here trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

Mr gothika
might also like to read this ( 2xQ’s Embarrassing Tacho incident )
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

cheers lads a great help thank you, theres that much to learn wtd poa breaks driving tach i don,t want to get fined cheers

DoubleQ:
Wasnt this discused at lenght in another tread

Here I think trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

and again here trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

Mr gothika
might also like to read this ( 2xQ’s Embarrassing Tacho incident )
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

great info m8 thanx double q