Unlimited Internet

Just a quicky! Who’s the best provider of unlimited broadband for your phone? Price, coverage etc. looking to get just a sim and an unlocked phone to tether to my iPad.

My current deal includes only 2G of data and the robbing b’s want another £6 per 250mb if I go over my allowance or I can upgrade my plan with an extra 2G each month for an added £6 to give me 4G a month but that isn’t enough sometimes if I watch TV on my phone/iPad.

Ta!

I have unlimited data with 3… 4 G almost everywhere but it costs :wink: we paying £25 per month for unlimited everything (calls/text/data)

I think 3 are the only ones to do unlimited data but no idea what their coverage is like.

I always was happy with 3 network but there new contracts saying is unlimited but they put cap of 2gb for hotspots so not much if you want using your laptop or any other devices connected to your phone.

I’m with 3 and get 4G in most of the big towns or cities. Other places with 3G seem to run very quick without any issues. I’m paying about £35 a month for unlimited internet, texts, 600 minutes and an IPhone 5s.

Don’t settle for bandwidth throttling either…

Don’t you just hate it when you attempt to watch your fav programme on Iplayer at 7pm, and the damned thing glitches, and falls over 2-3 minutes into the crisp HD production you were really looking forward to watching. :question:

Still, when you phone up and key for “thinking of leaving” - they’ll throw you a bone to keep you on team for another year.
It’s not as if I had somewhere else to go, what with all the lines relying on BT lines being kind of “third party” which in itself hides a multitude of sins.

I have unlimited data with 3, sim only, £15 a month, you’re allowed 4GB of data for tethering too so you can use your phone as a wireless hotspot for an iPad/laptop/something without a sim but has wifi. I don’t think any suppliers do unlimited tethering now

I don’t travel all over the country but I get 3G signal everywhere I’ve been. I used to have an O2 sim and only got 3G in ONE layby between Dundee and Aberdeen, with the 3G sim I can stream music from internet radio stations/youtube anywhere on that road
also i couldn’t get a 3G signal when travelling on the train from Edinburgh to Glasgow - with the 3G one it works all the time

be careful
before taking out an unlimited internet deal with a mobile phone service provider
check if they allow tethering
cos some dont

I have unlimited data/mins/text for £15 a month, with Virgin Mobile (Sim only)
I use a Asus Fonepad 7 with a blue tooth earpiece.Got a 64gb sd card for extra storage.

You might be better off getting a data sim for your iPad.

mucker85:
You might be better off getting a data sim for your iPad.

I’ll take a look at Virgin as above but my iPad hasn’t got a slot for a SIM card so tethering is my only option for using it. Thx all anyway - I’ll have to do some leg work!

You could get one of those mobile hotspot jobbies with a sim in?

Rooster:
I use a Asus Fonepad 7 with a blue tooth earpiece.Got a 64gb sd card for extra storage.

virgin media mobile do not allow tethering
ok ,just saying

3 PAYG, get a £15 add on. you get 200 mins, 5000 texts and all you can eat data, not sure about tethering though. :wink:

Three, £19/month, unlimited data, 300 minutes, 300 texts, free phone. Don’t think tethering is included though.

is this any good?

qvcuk.com/EE-Connected-Car-I … cookie=set

I’m on the old 3 tariff sim only, £15 a month unlimited data including unlimited tethering but I’ve been told that when the contract is up that’s it,they will stop it.
I personally can’t fault 3, I always seem to have signal and it’s only on a few occasions when I stop that I can’t get a signal, so I always have a few programs downloaded on the iPad just in case.
I’m gutted that they are stopping the deal I have at the moment.
I’m now thinking of a iPhone 6plus on a unlimited data sim, which will be ok for surfing the net but a bit small to watch the TV on I guess.
You can get a Mifi from 3, it costs £15 a month for 10gb but I don’t know how much tv you can watch before you use it up.
I don’t think any of the networks allow you unlimited tethering now.

instantKarma:
is this any good?

qvcuk.com/EE-Connected-Car-I … cookie=set

it must be !! clicked on the link and its sold out :smiley:

villa:

Rooster:

virgin media mobile do not allow tethering
ok ,just saying

If you using Linux on a netbook with 800x480 resolution, they won’t charge you.

gazzah:
(…)
You can get a Mifi from 3, it costs £15 a month for 10gb but I don’t know how much tv you can watch before you use it up.
I don’t think any of the networks allow you unlimited tethering now.

Use Tor Browser instead of Firefox, or Chrome. They won’t be able to monitor your thaffic, it’s all encrypted. Even Pirate Bay available through the Tor Network.

torproject.org/