United biscuits / wincanton

Hi,all

has any body got pics or details of the erfs used on these two firms as it would help me in the resurch of these two companys
many thanks ftdb team

I’ll post some Wincanton ERFs on here for you ftdb when I’ve dug 'em out. :slight_smile:

Here’s a few taken in 1994 at Maltby when Wincanton had the Malton Bacon contract.

hi chris

many thanks for the pics they will help a lot

thanks ftdb team

hi ftdb ,ive got various pics of united biscuits trucks from the 80s to present (fords d series,cargos,dafs 2800s,95s,85s.ivecos,mercs,they also ran alot of sed atkinson 400/1s and leyland roadtrains,as far as i know they did not run that many erfs,the last ones they ran were 1981ish y reg c series ,as far as i know they never had anymore.after that they seemed to stick to buying dafs with the odd iveco /merc thrown in for the artics and ivecos for the rigids.i still drive for them, but compared to the 80/90s the fleet is a lot smaller and will shortly be 100% mercs for the tractor units with only the odd daf cf 85 fof factory shunting duties,hope this helps.

hi

many thanks for that rich12 my dad used to drive for them many years ago out of the depot at finedon northants and they had bedfords tk and tl also ford cargos and one daf artic before they shut it down

thanks ftdb team

ftdb team:
hi

many thanks for that rich12 my dad used to drive for them many years ago out of the depot at finedon northants and they had bedfords tk and tl also ford cargos and one daf artic before they shut it down

thanks ftdb team

i remember finedon depot well, i was involved in bringing the trucks over to ashby after finedon closed,the newer ones were sent to other depots and the rest were sold off at measham auctions.