unit slide

Another class 1 thing learnt 2 years later …Driving the unit solo round a round about i never knew that they slipped when cornering…i thought they had more grip when no trailer is connected

treat it with respect …theyre ok in the dry …but i would never trust them in the wet…trailer or no trailer …and as for the 3 axle unit …theyre lethal…what ever happened to the type aproval guys…■■? those who supposed to test these gadgets out for us…

i had a scania 420bhp wheel spin on me yesterday with atrailer on when i droped down a gear to accelarate up hill

A unit will never have more grip on it’s own.

When you have a trailer on.you are,in effect,putting more weight over the drive axle,therefore pushing the axle into the ground,and giving you greater stabilty.Unless of course the unit in question is an Axor.

However,I personally can’t condone sliding a unit around with no trailer on,and having to use opposite lock to correct it.It’s very unprofessional… :wink:

Ken.

but grat fun as long as you dont over do it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quinny:
A unit will never have more grip on it’s own.
However,I personally can’t condone sliding a unit around with no trailer on,and having to use opposite lock to correct it.It’s very unprofessional… :wink:

Ken.

Absolutely Ken!

I’d never do that in my Actros either!!

Good grief - whatever would the tyre fitter say?! :open_mouth:

:stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :smiley: :laughing:

Try driving in Greece(the country!) in the rain then, with their marble in the road, wasnt uncommon to see trucks parked up until the roads dried! :open_mouth:
Was even worse when empty, no weight on back axle of unit.

Chinese six container trucks are the worst. The trailer sits way back on the pin & even fully freighted they will spin on every roundabout.

goofball:
Another class 1 thing learnt 2 years later …Driving the unit solo round a round about i never knew that they slipped when cornering…i thought they had more grip when no trailer is connected

:arrow_right: each Lorry,if Rigid or Artic is build to have best Traction and Breakway result when loaded with maximum Weight.
So less weight so more difficult to keep them on the Road by difficulty,as you also could count with Aquaplaning

Had only been driving about 3 weeks when coming round a right hand bend, with a slight incline, on a wet road, the unit shot out from under the trailer and scared the ■■■■ clean outta me, thought i was gonna jackknife the tail end into a car coming the opposite direction.

Waited till i got feeling back in my legs and got out to check for oil on road, but it was simply a case of gunning her too hard for the incline in the wet.

goofball:

This has been on You Tube for ages. There was even a link to it in Bully’s Bar, which will still be there…