Unit injectors service life

Wonder what mileage you have seen for unit injectors before there is need to change them due emissions,
too high fuel consumption or lack of power?

Is corect expect something like 800.000 km for a current VOLVO,SCANIA,IVECO injection system?

Regards Edzio.

My truck (Renault Magnum 500 DXI) has got 615,000 km on the clock and I am planning an injector change this year.

My scania has just tripped over 700.000 km and could probably do with a set,but at 500quid each i don’t think she’s gona get any.

I’ve got an MAN and I’ve heard a lot if people that have had injectors go and have been told if one goes its best practice to replace them all. However, injectors for an MAN are approx £600 quid so it’s a very costly exercise! There was an MAN local to me on an 09 plate with 280,000km waiting for a full set off injectors! Not good!

just had a set of 6 injectors in my DAF XF, cost of £347 for the complete set :grimacing:

Does EGR effect the life of injectors?

shuttlespanker:
just had a set of 6 injectors in my DAF XF, cost of £347 for the complete set :grimacing:

How you manage that then? Jammy bugger.

xfmatt:

shuttlespanker:

didn’t get them from DAF for a start :wink:

DAF want £97 each for them

shuttlespanker:

xfmatt:

shuttlespanker:

didn’t get them from DAF for a start :wink:

DAF want £97 each for them

Why the major difference in price between MAN and DAF then, any ideas?

different type of injector

on a Renault Magnum with the Mack engine, they are around £300 per injector

i will add, the injectors i got are for the Euro3 480 engine, not the Euro4/5, they are much more money

but, the solenoid in the injector pump on the euro3 engine is £700 each, and there are 6 of them, 1 for each injector

Harry Monk:
My truck (Renault Magnum 500 DXI) has got 615,000 km on the clock and I am planning an injector change this year.

Why harry? is it black smoking,missing etc?? or you just want to spend you dosh for spending it…

Silver_Surfer:

No

shuttlespanker:
different type of injector

on a Renault Magnum with the Mack engine, they are around £300 per injector

i will add, the injectors i got are for the Euro3 480 engine, …

Didnt no they did euro regs on those outboard motors you have spanks :grimacing: :grimacing:

xfmatt:
I’ve got an MAN and I’ve heard a lot if people that have had injectors go and have been told if one goes its best practice to replace them all. However, injectors for an MAN are approx £600 quid so it’s a very costly exercise! There was an MAN local to me on an 09 plate with 280,000km waiting for a full set off injectors! Not good!

You may have a MAN with COMMON RAIL injection system,instead of unit injectors.

In a common rail system one faulty injector sometimes “kill” the others,mainly if you have a too high fuel flow return (means
it is not injecting to the combustion chamber,just return the fuel to tanks).

Edzio;

Silver_Surfer:

The EGR valve is refrigerated by coolant.
If you have an internal leakage the result is coolant inside the inlet manifold and combustion chamber.
So yes,sometimes it may result in reduced injectors life.

I read somewhere that this is one expected failure for SCANIA\with EGR that goes to East Europe,the higher
sulfur level in that fuel is no good for any EGR at all.

Edzio.

I’ve never had to change an injector in a Volvo yet. (As I hastily look around for a wooden object to touch)