UNIONS

are you a member of a union? Do you think they make a differance anymore? just trying to gauge weather or not to part with my hard earned on a monthly basis to join up at work although they have two recognised unions who seem to be fighting each other for membership which splinters the drivers and plays into the hands of the gaffers! your views please.

DHL Wrexham have given the customer 6mths notice & the drivers have been told that they wont be getting a pay rise which was due in april
as the customer Ball Packaging wont give a rate increase, so it looks like we`ll be out on our (zb) for the 31st dec
and all the drivers back pay the little (zb) has saved will go into his christmas party fund.

Oh how i cant wait untill friday to see his little face when the T&G convener walks into our meeting with him and rips him apart once again, as we work for DHL not Ball Packaging so we will be having a pay award ( :laughing: no rise then no working :laughing: ) This should go down really well as DHL have just had the contract renewed on the warehouse for the next 5yrs He tried to stitch us up with the WTD, the union was spot on for us back then and we ended up with a good deal, I think for what it costs, if youve got the kind of management that we have then its well worth it,

ps
Any one looking for a driver to start in the new year :laughing:

if it need stars its not allowed animal

i have never had much faith in unions. i would rather buy a new pair of boots and use them to walk away from a job if i dont like the conditions. there are plenty of other jobs around

Been with URTU for over 10 years - no complaints & plenty of good advice and back-up when needed. Great free legal advice on anything as well :smiley:

im not in the union at our place as ive always been in the g.m.b and just stayed in it.
so im told we were due a payrise on june the 1st but the company wanted to cut the pay and the union wont talk to them untill they put a decent proposal on then table so unless we get a payrise back dated i dont think there doing to well.[ doubt the firms loosing a lot of sleep over the union not talking to them ]:roll:

yes i am in the union but for my on benefit no union where i work,but when i had my accident not (my fault) they did sort every thing out inc BUPA hospital etc so for £20 a month ill be staying in