Union members ? which union?

Hi guys n gals , anyone on here a member of a union ? and any recommendations for any particular union ?

GMB.

Bring on the usual Thatcherite agenda based anti TU bile, …but even worse bring on Carryfast. :open_mouth:

URTU btw., mainly because they are said to pay fines, although not yet had cause to use that facility.

RMT are happy to represent hgv drivers they already do several small bus companys

Usdaw.

But only as it’s the only union recognised by the depot I work in.

Keep On Trucking:
Usdaw.

But only as it’s the only union recognised by the depot I work in.

Useless Seven Days A Week

Unite, driver care! £3/ 4 a week. Speeding and parking fines paid. :grimacing:

Which regiment was you RAZZMAN of OP? :laughing:

The best one is truckyboyrob the annual fees are reasonable, they only take your money and offer nothing in return though.

Unite, joined it years ago when I was on the buses. think it was t&g when I joined iirc. Anyhoot they’ve not done a great deal for me.

If you’re employed and there is a dominant union in place that deals directly with management on whatever issues then you join that one regardless of who it might be. If there is no union in place at all then, assuming you’re expecting need of a union rep in the not too distant future, then one that has a reasonably local area rep for you to meet with, discuss your problems with and to turn up for your disciplinaries.

If you’re not employed then why waste the money, you can’t be disciplined on agency, you have no protection against being dropped like a stone for any reason, or for no reason at all for that matter.

Razzman1:
Hi guys n gals

354874_1.jpg

I joined a local union called 4Q. Every time drivers asked for assistance they were ignored.

The power of the Unions have long gone very much like the British empire has. The thatcher days saw the demise of the Unions, nowadays a union rep is there to see no foul play, its a joke.

Up to a point it doesn’t need to be an established union, though best cos they have the know how and will train stewards and provide back up if needed.

What is important is that most of the drivers there are members, and that all of you attend meetings and do your bit, the members are the union not some highly paid general secretary more interested in fulfilling political dreams than doing the best they can for their members.
The union isn’t a crappy stick you threaten at the boss and he shivers in his boots.
The most important decision you will make is who to elect as your steward(s).

For which union choice, remember there were (i’m almost certain the were the only ones) only two unions who recommended their members to vote leave in the referendum, RMT and ASLEF, the rest want open door unlimited immigration by default, most working people know what that means for working class people.

Last union I was in was Unite. The union rep on our site was all out for himself, used it for days off on Union meetings and to better himself. Saw some good lads get sacked and he did very little to prevent it. Always on the sick and new what he could get away with, we got a regional rep down, he was pretty much in the same camp as the worthless one.

United Road Transport Union (URTU)
Excellent support for legal, disciplinary, employmment and injury problems
Give them a call and request a copy of their magazine, “Wheels”
They have confirmed that they give full support to agency drivers, self employed and managers
Unity is strength and protection

Fatboy slimslow:
Unite, driver care! £3/ 4 a week. Speeding and parking fines paid. :grimacing:

Which regiment was you RAZZMAN of OP? :laughing:

Assuming I’m ex military ?

G M B

UKtramp:
The power of the Unions have long gone very much like the British empire has. The thatcher days saw the demise of the Unions, nowadays a union rep is there to see no foul play, its a joke.

Unless you work on the railways. Unions still rule there.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk