Unfair Haulier vs Illegal Immigrant system

the maoster:

Carryfast:
The French would then obviously say they have nothing to gain and to get our border checks out of their territority and carry them out on our own shores.

You say that as though it would be a problem! Not so, do the checks at Folkstone and Dover then. Every vehicle disembarks and is subject to full scrutiny (say one hour per vehicle), result is very little disembarks over the day, the ferries and trains can’t move as they’re still full and the knock on is Northern France at a standstill. Don’t make this more difficult than it needs to be old bean.

The result of which being that when they are found the illegals will be put into the ‘asylum’ process.So you’ve still caused even more maximum aggro in Kent by putting Dover and the Tunnel out of action and the immigrants get to stay.So what changes.Except for even more ‘fines’ for the government.To add to the ongoing influx of cheap labour when the ‘asylum’ seekers are inevitably granted UK citizenship.

Carryfast:

raymundo:
CF drones on about this:-
‘‘Not to mention the navy’s orders to bring any found on route in the Med into Europe/Italy for obvious onward movement to UK in many cases.As opposed to taking them back to North Africa.’’

Cant imagine what the reception would be like for a British warship arriving at a port in either Libya or Algeria, don’t think it would be pleasant !!

We’ve got scheduled British Airways flights going to Algiers at least amongst plenty of other Euro-North Africa ferry and air links so North Africa isn’t exactly a war zone.Bearing in mind the life saving rescue nature of the reason for entry.

CF you shouldn’t accept everything you can find on the web as fact, you obviously haven’t been there and seen the armed guards placed all around the airport and airside. I have a few times and it’s not very reassuring I can tell you. Algiers airport is ok but the regional one at Oran is a ■■■■■■ joke. Also we were advised not to wear any PPE as that singled us out as Europeans so the nasty ones may like to take a pot-shot at us from up in the hills. Was doing a dredging job to enlarge a container berth.

Anyway, back in normal land. I also listened to the vine show, he wasn’t on hence I listened, and a driver had a simple solution. He said “I’m a driver not a security guard, let me drive and let the border force do their job, if people get through illegally then fine them for not doing their job, not us”
I see no reason why every single vehicle could not be stopped & checked. Yes it would be slow but what’s the priority? Where it happens is irrelevant.
We used to go through it in the army when driving through the corridor in & out of Berlin years ago, took ages but they checked every single vehicle & tough ■■■ if your paperwork had even one mistake.

raymundo:
CF you shouldn’t accept everything you can find on the web as fact, you obviously haven’t been there and seen the armed guards placed all around the airport and airside. I have a few times and it’s not very reassuring I can tell you. Algiers airport is ok but the regional one at Oran is a [zb] joke. Also we were advised not to wear any PPE as that singled us out as Europeans so the nasty ones may like to take a pot-shot at us from up in the hills. Was doing a dredging job to enlarge a container berth.

Admittedly it would be fair to say that the whole region is relatively dangerous ( mainly to Europeans ).Caused by an ever increasing hostile local population ( against Europeans ).However we know that European naval activeties are working close to that hostile coast with no ‘issues’.Ironically helping much of that known hostile population to get here amongst us with obvious potential results.In addition to adding to the ‘asylum’ seeker numbers planning on hiding on UK bound vehicles in the knowledge that they’ll be welcomed into the country with the full range of ‘asylum support’ benefits on arrival.Which puts the ‘fines’,being applied to the unfortunate road transport operations that they use to hide in,into perspective. :unamused:

Meanwhile as I said we know that there are still transport links between Europe and North Africa.In which case there is still nothing stopping the ‘asylum’ seekers who are being ‘rescued’ from the Med being sent back to North Africa under guard assuming the Navy don’t actually want to dock there.What is certain is that the government’s present immigration policy is not only unsustainable but it is also putting the population at risk of potential attack.By telling people not to go to dangerous countries at the same time as bringing the problem within our own borders.

Martin:
I see many trailers unloaded from the ferries at Dover by the shunters, what happens if illegals are found in those after they have been collected by drivers at Dover? Who gets fined, the shunter driver in France or Dover, or the ships captain who actually transported them.

if they can find what trailer they came off or out of, they know which ship that sailed on, and are sent back asap, we had one the other week, they were found friday morning, the trailer which they came off was found, and they were back out on the same boat that night.

if they get out of the port, its down to the immigration service.

Carryfast:

raymundo:
CF you shouldn’t accept everything you can find on the web as fact, you obviously haven’t been there and seen the armed guards placed all around the airport and airside. I have a few times and it’s not very reassuring I can tell you. Algiers airport is ok but the regional one at Oran is a [zb] joke. Also we were advised not to wear any PPE as that singled us out as Europeans so the nasty ones may like to take a pot-shot at us from up in the hills. Was doing a dredging job to enlarge a container berth.

Admittedly it would be fair to say that the whole region is relatively dangerous ( mainly to Europeans ).Caused by an ever increasing hostile local population ( against Europeans ).However we know that European naval activeties are working close to that hostile coast with no ‘issues’.Ironically helping much of that known hostile population to get here amongst us with obvious potential results.In addition to adding to the ‘asylum’ seeker numbers planning on hiding on UK bound vehicles in the knowledge that they’ll be welcomed into the country with the full range of ‘asylum support’ benefits on arrival.Which puts the ‘fines’,being applied to the unfortunate road transport operations that they use to hide in,into perspective. :unamused:

Meanwhile as I said we know that there are still transport links between Europe and North Africa.In which case there is still nothing stopping the ‘asylum’ seekers who are being ‘rescued’ from the Med being sent back to North Africa under guard assuming the Navy don’t actually want to dock there.What is certain is that the government’s present immigration policy is not only unsustainable but it is also putting the population at risk of potential attack.By telling people not to go to dangerous countries at the same time as bringing the problem within our own borders.

I know of no incident where a British local has murdered a foreign road user in the whole county of Kent. We’ve already had a few murders committed by immigrants however - legal or not.

“Hostility” involves harm to persons, or at very least - serious damage to property.

THAT would be what I would call the so-called “new age travellers” and what they do - steal diesel, bully anyone who confronts them, trash entire fields, etc.
If “Hostility” were actually made legal tomorrow - one one’s own property - then I doubt there would be many people OTHER than landowners who’d be up for a bit of “Shoot on Sight”…
As for us townies - If you walked back to your car to find some lowlife trying to nick it, are you going to put 'em up, let them go, or ask nicely for them to desist?

Be careful here - Insurance companies might not pay out if you let the buggers drive away with said car - to avoid a fisticuff kind of confrontation even… :open_mouth:

raymundo:
CF drones on about this:-
‘‘Not to mention the navy’s orders to bring any found on route in the Med into Europe/Italy for obvious onward movement to UK in many cases.As opposed to taking them back to North Africa.’’

Cant imagine what the reception would be like for a British warship arriving at a port in either Libya or Algeria, don’t think it would be pleasant !!

did not the harrier jump jets take off a big diving board? :grimacing: " A coy! CHARGE! " :laughing: with bayonets on of course! Lol :sunglasses: