Unfair company pay rise?

Defo “asking for a friend” as we’re on salary!!!

A NI company has recently put the hourly/bonus pay for trampers/dayshift drivers up but NOT the nightshift drivers,
is this legal??

Maybe come under “Less Favourable Treatment” Employment act■■?

Haven’t Stobarts done similar recently?

AFAIK there is nothing in law to say that all employees or groups thereof must receive the same (or indeed any) pay rise.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

No.

The Company can incorporate a rate rise as they see fit ( unless it shows a bias against race/religion/gender)

I’m sure when stobarts took over those who transferred onto there contract got pay rise/ es , but us who stayed on Corby chilled contract didn’t , if I remember right you couldn’t do anything about it , but along time ago so I’m maybe remembering wrong - re - the couldn’t do anything about it

I’d pay both day and night men considerably less than trampers. Trampers are far more important to the company.

SuperMultiBlue:
I’d pay both day and night men considerably less than trampers. Trampers are far more important to the company.

I’m a tramper so my natural instinct is to vote you Prime Minister :wink: , however to play Devils advocate iD say that trampers offer a company vastly more flexibility, what they are not though is cost effective when compared to double shifted motors. The economics of that can’t be denied, but I still think that us trampers should perhaps have statues erected in our honour.

the maoster:

SuperMultiBlue:

I’m a tramper so my natural instinct is to vote you Prime Minister :wink: , however to play Devils advocate iD say that trampers offer a company vastly more flexibility, what they are not though is cost effective when compared to double shifted motors. The economics of that can’t be denied, but I still think that us trampers should perhaps have statues erected in our honour.

Absolutely correct.
More erections are well deserved.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

the maoster:

SuperMultiBlue:

:laughing: :laughing:

Can’t wait to see a statue erected in honour of Dozy :smiley:

God knows why i bother saying it, but UNION.

Juddian:
God knows why i bother saying it, but UNION.

You’re wasting both your time and your breath my friend. There’s none so blind as those who won’t see.

the maoster:

SuperMultiBlue:

By flexibility you mean the company has more ability to shaft you than they do with day or night men… :laughing:

DickyNick:

the maoster:

SuperMultiBlue:

By flexibility you mean the company has more ability to shaft you than they do with day or night men… :laughing:

I’ll go along with that , the amount of times of late I’ve had to do change overs as the day shift need to get back :unamused: is beyond belief ,

dozy:

DickyNick:

the maoster:

SuperMultiBlue:

I’ll go along with that , the amount of times of late I’ve had to do change overs as the day shift need to get back :unamused: is beyond belief ,

Well what do you expect?

day/night driver it’s in the bloody job title! Would you expect the accountant to change the oil on the fleet as part of his job? No of course not, a day/night driver is not expected to do nights/days out as it’s not part of their job description, so obviously the pointy’s have to try that little bit harder to get them home than they would a tramper with all his happy camper kit, if they didn’t they really would have a driver shortage as all the day/night drivers would soon [zb] off elsewhere.

I think the problem here dozy is you see yourself as a Monday to Thursday tramper and a Friday day man and cry when the office inevitably don’t see it the same way, but unfortunately in this game it ain’t like that.

As a night driver I take a sleeping bag if I get a distance run (not often as I’m mostly localish tbf) because even I understand and can comprehend that things don’t always go to plan, luckily I’ve not been caught out yet but there’s plenty of my colleagues that have (and none of them that I know of have a sleeping bag on standby).