Understanding tachos and other work

As I’m new to trucking and only doing odd days alongside my regular job I want to make sure I’m not breaking rules etc. So here’s my situation and I’d be grateful for help and advice.

My usual work pattern is Mon to Thurs 9 to 4 and same on Sat with Fri and Sun off ( I know, easy life why start trucking?, We can come back to that later!)

Next week I’ll be driving on Mon and Sat doing my usual job in between and off on Sun.
So I make manual entries on Sat morning for my other work and will have had a reduced weekly rest on Sun, all fine so far I hope.
If I get any driving the following week I need to take a 45 hour weekly break and compensate within 3 (or is it 4 weeks) but what if I don’t drive again for a week or two and just do my regular pattern of other work? I don’t have to record anything on weeks I don’t drive and the weeks I do drive I only get a reduced rest.
I hope this makes sense and that you see where I coming from.
TIA

The fixed wee is sunday midnight to sunday midnight

If no driving is done in the fixed week then no records are required and the authorities will assume that non record period will include at least a 45 rest
The only way they could prove that not to be the case is if they do extensive checks with your main employer

A regular 45 rest must be in at least every other week - said that way to make it easier

If your regular job shift pattern was to be known by the authorities then they would know that it is impossible for you to have a 45 in any week !!

Thanks, Rog, I can adjust my work pattern as necessary.

1968kg:
As I’m new to trucking and only doing odd days alongside my regular job I want to make sure I’m not breaking rules etc. So here’s my situation and I’d be grateful for help and advice.

My usual work pattern is Mon to Thurs 9 to 4 and same on Sat with Fri and Sun off ( I know, easy life why start trucking?, We can come back to that later!)

Next week I’ll be driving on Mon and Sat doing my usual job in between and off on Sun.
So I make manual entries on Sat morning for my other work and will have had a reduced weekly rest on Sun, all fine so far I hope.
If I get any driving the following week I need to take a 45 hour weekly break and compensate within 3 (or is it 4 weeks) but what if I don’t drive again for a week or two and just do my regular pattern of other work? I don’t have to record anything on weeks I don’t drive and the weeks I do drive I only get a reduced rest.
I hope this makes sense and that you see where I coming from.
TIA

You don’t need a weekly rest period in weeks that you don’t drive to EU regulations.

In the scenario you’ve asked about, you will not be driving for two consecutive weeks and therefore do not need to worry about having a regular 45 hour weekly rest period every second week.
You could work that pattern of driving every second week and only ever have reduced weekly rest periods

The compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods do need to be paid back, but that will most likely be taken care of in the weeks that you do not drive in-scope of EU regulations.

Thanks Tacho, so I’ll be paying back compensation on my regularly work pattern but just not recording it.

1968kg:
Thanks Tacho, so I’ll be paying back compensation on my regularly work pattern but just not recording it.

That’s right, I’m not aware of any regulation that requires you to record anything in a week that you don’t drive in-scope of EU regulations.

I suppose if you wanted to you could keep a written record of your weekend rest periods in the weeks that you don’t drive, I personally wouldn’t bother but …

Easy answer. Scroll to the activity that says “?”

" ? " is used as a manual entry for Analogue activity.

Done my full DCPC. (FedEx UK).