Understanding of weight limits!

Regarding the punishment for the offence;

It’s a 2 hour political discussion with Carryfast`.

Personally I would rather have 6 months imprisonment.

If I was out and about and I saw a bridge with a 18t limit I wouldn’t go over it, our trucks are plated at 40t.

This thread has me thinking… What if I was just in the unit? Is it still plated at 40t or does the plate have the weight of just the unit on it? :confused:

G6Bob:
What if I was just in the unit? Is it still plated at 40t or does the plate have the weight of just the unit on it? :confused:

Have a look :wink:

Chris1207:
). Plenty of “trading standards sent me a fine” stuff going around, dunno whether that’s true or not.

Oh it’s true alright, except it’s not a fine. Those buggers warn you first if you’re lucky then take you to court for a non decriminalised offence (does that make sense? Maybe criminal is a better word). You’re better off getting a ticket from Dixon of Dock Green doing you for contravening a road sign, rather than being spotted by Hyacinth who rings up her “handler” at trading standards or the council. See Hyacinth, Royston her husband and ■■■■■■■■■■ their pet poodle, fear God. See the Police, breath a sigh of relief and pay the ticket.

G6Bob:
If I was out and about and I saw a bridge with a 18t limit I wouldn’t go over it, our trucks are plated at 40t.

This thread has me thinking… What if I was just in the unit? Is it still plated at 40t or does the plate have the weight of just the unit on it? :confused:

The unit will have a gvw of 18 tonnes for a twin axle, and 26 tones for a 3 axle unit roughly.

weeto:

Looooo:
I’m getting massively ■■■■■■ off with limits at the moment.

Every other drop I do is on a 7.5t limit road. They are of the “environmental” type… that is, we just don’t want lorries down this road. I’m in an 18t and just recently Brent council have started putting smart cars out and ticketing for incorrect vehicle for zone. Boss is spending ages sending appeals with PODs and invoices to reject the tickets but it has got to the stage that he is spending ages contesting all these wretched tickets which are always immediately dropped.

Got another one today and another letter is going to them AGAIN tomorrow. But it is just 'cos people don’t WANT a lorry down their street… until they need a delivery :bulb: … and then WE have to apply for an exemption!

Don’t get me started on arbitrary width restrictions that just force larger vehicles to take long diversions to get back to where they were, in the proccess clogging major routes and just to access the other end of a residential street you were already on! :smiling_imp:

Why are you getting ■■■■■■ off about it when its your boss that sends you there and its his problem to sort out, your just a driver.

Your boss can’t drive the bloody thing for you, thats the drivers job and its also the drivers job to obey the law. The bridge is well known for the weight limit police and they do issue some very big fines.
A weighbridge ticket is no good if you are in a 26t gross vehicle as it goes on the plated weight. All a magistrate will do is say “ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law” and then fine you even more for wasting their time!

dri-diddly-iver:

G6Bob:
What if I was just in the unit? Is it still plated at 40t or does the plate have the weight of just the unit on it? :confused:

Have a look :wink:

weeto:

G6Bob:

The unit will have a gvw of 18 tonnes for a twin axle, and 26 tones for a 3 axle unit roughly.

I did today…

I swear who needs DCPC when you have truck net at your finger tips :smiley:

Some weight limits are ridiculous.
Take the one in Bodmin, heading down into town just past the turning for Asda.
To get to the trading park where Halfords and Homebase are, you have to take a detour which takes you back up this road and you end up about 200m the other side of where the weight restriction starts.