Understanding bottom sections of tacho printout

Hi,

I fully understand the section about the vehicle I’m currently driving, but the bottom section on my project today has a heading of !x. What does these bits mean? There is a registration of a vehicle I drove previously

Thanks

It means there’s an event logged on your card. If there’s a reg of a different vehicle to what your currently in then it’s an event that happened while your card was inserted in the other vehicle at that time.
If there’s no reg or not under your name then it’s an event that happened in the vehicle you’re currently in. An example would be moving the truck without a card inserted.

There are 2 sections at the bottom of a printout that show events:
One section is a broken line interrupted by !x and the card symbol and shows the last 5 events on your driver card.
The other section is a broken line interrupted by !x and the vehicle symbol and shows the last 5 vehicle events.

I know the points above were posted, but I’m still not really sure what it means in terms of what’s in my printout. Here is my printout just now. I didn’t drive DFU yesterday.

The event on your card from SW63DFU was on 17.11.15. I think the two clock symbols means a time overlap.

The five events with yesterday’s date are from the vehicle you are currently in, I think they are all driving without card. So someone shunting it in the yard last night.

First of all mate could you please delete the image in your post, it’s size causes problems, I’ve added a resized image at the bottom of this post so other people can see what was posted :wink:

In the image I’ve posted bellow the data between the red lines is the daily summary of your activities.

The data between the blue lines shows card events, that is events that that are recorded on your driver card.
The only card event you have is for a time overlap, a time overlap means that the UTC time on two different vehicles overlaps, I assume that on the 17/11/2015 you changed vehicles at around 07:53.
There does appear to be a problem here because the UTC time difference between the vehicles is 59 minutes, the UTC time on a digital tachograph should not be more than 20 minutes out and it’s an offence to drive a vehicle with the UTC time more than 20 minutes out, in this case even if the UTC time on both vehicles was 20 minutes out it would only be a possible 40 minute overlap.
At-least one of the vehicles needs to go to a tachograph centre to have the UTC time corrected.

The data between the green lines shows the last 5 vehicle events, the last 5 vehicle events show on a printout regardless of who was driving the vehicle, vehicle events are events that are recorded in the vehicles tachograph VU and not recorded on your driver card, you may not have been driving the vehicle at the time of vehicle events.
In this case all the 5 vehicle events were for driving without a driver card in the tachograph, all 5 events were on 15/12/2015 between 20:12 and 20:15 and none of them lasted for a minute, it looks like someone moved the vehicle a short distance for some reason, it does look a bit odd having so many consecutive short movements and could raise questions but it’s nothing to worry about.

In the middle of the broken lines are symbols that show which events are recorded bellow, card events or vehicle events.
Each event shows the date and time of the event immediately bellow the broken line, the symbols shown in each event shows what the event was.

ReEcBxE.gif

Original image resized.

Sorry, uploaded from my phone and hadn’t realised! I’ll examine this when I knock off! Cheers
Sorry, uploaded from my phone and hadn’t realised! I’ll examine this when I knock off! Cheers

Edit…

Had some down time! I understand now! The driving without card is done in the evenings after the vehicles are reloaded and moved under an external canopy in the yard.

Didn’t change vehicle yesterday, anything else it could’ve been?