Undercover XPO

I bet XPO are glad they didn’t get around to re-liverying this vehicle yet…

Opinion seems divided here…

Personally I reckon whilst the cars are acting like cyclists, I reckon the second car stopping at the end caught the trucker off balance, who should have been checking his mirror a bit more than he did here, clearly.
The fact he pulled up so quickly after impact suggests there was enough alertness there - just not in the left hand view at the critical moment when the second car stopped…

Other Opinions?

Winseer:
Other Opinions?

Keep up at the back…

The car he crushed at one point was in front of him,poor observations by Mr HGV…

300% hgv drivers fault.

Why even argue it? :unamused:

Both at fault pretty much, truck driver for being so badly positioned for the turn. If it’s tight and someone can squeeze up the side of you they will, so use the size of your vehicle to block then doing so, giving you any room you may need. Car driver for putting themselves in a stupid situation and being far too impatient as the majority of car drivers are.

I am guessing the truck driver was too busy looking right assessing the traffic and failed to look left as he pulled off resulting in him not seeing the car. So yeah probably trucker mostly to blame but the car drivers a womble as well.

But as said keep up at the back.

It would be interesting to ask the question as to the car driver’s thought process from 0.02-0.10.At what point do the insurance providers and the law start thinking crash for cash ?. :bulb:

While it seems clear that the truck driver was relying on the first car being the only obstruction and probably understandably took it for granted that when it had gone he just needed to concentrate on traffic from the right and not worry about anything trying to undertake at the junction which he’d established as being clear before that point.

Bearing in mind that the car driver’s actions had effectively grid locked the junction at that point because the truck obviously then couldn’t move and the car driver’s vision was blocked by the truck.In addition to deliberately putting themselves in a hazardous position if the truck inevitably went for the turn. :unamused:

SuperMultiBlue:
300% hgv drivers fault.

If you don’t think that was mostly the car driver’s fault that maybe says more about your ideas regarding driving anything than anything which the truck driver did wrong. :unamused: That’s even assuming it wasn’t actually a crash for cash scam.

What i can see of it the car failed to use its indicator

totally car driver fault trying to get ahead of the big nasty H.G.V. and in doing so did not take into account what could happen ( and did happen ) hgv driver cannot take into account the stupidiy of others if in doubt he should have hung back not overtake on the inside to attempt to sneak past

Carryfast:

SuperMultiBlue:
300% hgv drivers fault.

If you don’t think that was mostly the car driver’s fault that maybe says more about your ideas regarding driving anything than anything which the truck driver did wrong. :unamused: That’s even assuming it wasn’t actually a crash for cash scam.

The car shouldn’t have been there granted. But the truck driver did not look in his left mirror before moving off. He assumed. He ■■■■■■ up. His fault.

The end.

The car went up the inside when it was reasonably safe to do so, it was in front of the lorry at one point, the lorry was not signalling any direction but the way he cut into the inside lane suggested he wanted to go left (if he did then he should have been in the left lane in the 1st place) or he pulled out into the inoming traffic and had to cut in to avoid another vehicle, being in the lane he was suggest he was either going straight or turning right so he should have not cut across the inside lane like that + he wasnt observing/using his mirrors properly…

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

SuperMultiBlue:

Carryfast:

SuperMultiBlue:
300% hgv drivers fault.

The car shouldn’t have been there granted. But the truck driver did not look in his left mirror before moving off. He assumed. He [zb] up. His fault.

The end.

It’s reasonable to assume there that it’s a single lane entry and that having checked the nearside on the approach and that the car ahead was the only obstruction at that point,when that car was gone,there was no reason to expect that the nearside wasn’t going to remain clear.Nor in that situation no reason to expect that the driver’s attention wasn’t predictably going to be diverted to the approaching traffic from the right.As you’ve said yourself the car should never have been there.The only question remaining is why the car driver chose that action in at best grid locking the junction or at worst causing the inevitable collision as in this case.IE ‘crash for cash’ ?.

On that note I think the truck driver’s mistake ( assumption ) was one which countless drivers could/would have also justifiably made in that case in that specific road situation ( single lane entry slip ).With the car driver taking at least 90% of the blame,if not a deliberate act to predictably get a few bob out an insurance claim.

Is that two lanes on the approach to that junction? I cound’t see any lines that would indicate that it’s a two lane road, in which case that would lead the XPO driver to think that there was no one on the inside. Secondly, the car with the dashcam has hung back, either because he can work out what the back end of the trailer is going to do or because he believes it to be one lane on approach to the dual carriageway.

Agree with carryfast, he was looking to his right getting ready to get onto the dual carriageway, presuming that there wasn’t someone on his left. If it is one lane that it’s a reasonable presumption, if it’s two lanes then he’s a complete wombat.

Carryfast:

SuperMultiBlue:

Carryfast:

SuperMultiBlue:
300% hgv drivers fault.

The car shouldn’t have been there granted. But the truck driver did not look in his left mirror before moving off. He assumed. He [zb] up. His fault.

The end.

It’s reasonable to assume there that it’s a single lane entry and that having checked the nearside on the approach and that the car ahead was the only obstruction at that point,when that car was gone,there was no reason to expect that the nearside wasn’t going to remain clear.Nor in that situation no reason to expect that the driver’s attention wasn’t predictably going to be diverted to the approaching traffic from the right.As you’ve said yourself the car should never have been there.The only question remaining is why the car driver chose that action in at best grid locking the junction or at worst causing the inevitable collision as in this case.IE ‘crash for cash’ ?.

On that note I think the truck driver’s mistake ( assumption ) was one which countless drivers could/would have also justifiably made in that case in that specific road situation ( single lane entry slip ).With the car driver taking at least 90% of the blame,if not a deliberate act to predictably get a few bob out an insurance claim.

He still should have checked his mirror. You’re not telling me thats the first time a car would have done that. Truck driver knew what line he’d took. Inexperience, lazyness call it what you like, truck driver to blame.

albion:
Is that two lanes on the approach to that junction? I cound’t see any lines that would indicate that it’s a two lane road, in which case that would lead the XPO driver to think that there was no one on the inside. Secondly, the car with the dashcam has hung back, either because he can work out what the back end of the trailer is going to do or because he believes it to be one lane on approach to the dual carriageway.

Agree with carryfast, he was looking to his right getting ready to get onto the dual carriageway, presuming that there wasn’t someone on his left. If it is one lane that it’s a reasonable presumption, if it’s two lanes then he’s a complete wombat.

^ This.

Bearing in mind that trying to turn a one lane entry into tow lane entry there can at best only grid lock the entry because neither driver can then move owing to risk of collision in the case of the vehicle on the outside and blocked vision in the case of the vehicle on the inside.Which leaves another question why did the car sit there when the truck moved off instead of moving off with it and out accelerating it thereby using it to protect such a blind entry that the car driver had created,assuming that was the car driver’s problem.

On that note if it looks like a crash for cash it probably is. :bulb:

had that myself,never hit the car though but did bxxxxxk him after jumping out the cab,he came through on my inside and sat beside me,i knew he was there and thought when I move so will he,not so,everytime it was clear to pull onto the roundabout and I started to move he stayed where he was,my trailer slowly closing on him,in the end I jumped out and verbally bxxxxxxed him,he replied he could not see past me so stayed put,i said I am covering you so when I pull out you follow don’t just sit there,i also said if anyone was getting hit [if it happened]it would be me not you so use a bit of common sense otherwise we will be here all day,fortunately a police car came round saw the situation and put the blue lights on to hold other traffic and let us both out,decent fellows.

Winseer:
I bet XPO are glad they didn’t get around to re-liverying this vehicle yet…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrGMpxWH7HM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4494102/Lorry-smashes-car-turn-left.html

Opinion seems divided here…

Personally I reckon whilst the cars are acting like cyclists, I reckon the second car stopping at the end caught the trucker off balance, who should have been checking his mirror a bit more than he did here, clearly.
The fact he pulled up so quickly after impact suggests there was enough alertness there - just not in the left hand view at the critical moment when the second car stopped…

Other Opinions?

Second posting 1st was under 0/10 for observation drive…

Tony Res:
The car went up the inside when it was reasonably safe to do so, it was in front of the lorry at one point, the lorry was not signalling any direction but the way he cut into the inside lane suggested he wanted to go left (if he did then he should have been in the left lane in the 1st place) or he pulled out into the inoming traffic and had to cut in to avoid another vehicle, being in the lane he was suggest he was either going straight or turning right so he should have not cut across the inside lane like that + he wasnt observing/using his mirrors properly…

100%. He left the room for it to happen

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I’m at the back and can’t see, what’s happening?

This is clearly a single lane approach to a dual carriageway. It should be blindingly obvious to anyone which way everyone is going at the end. The problem here is the width of the junction allowed a cretin to sneak up the inside of the truck who, to be fair, was within the painted lane on the road. The trucker’s mistake was forgetting to check his nearside mirror before setting off. He assumed no one would be stupid enough to undertake him but our experience on the road provides us with daily lessons as to just how many stupid people possess driver’s licences.

Put yourselves in the position of the insurance companies. On either side, you wouldn’t want to pay out.

Final verdict - 60/40 fault of the trucker as he should know better. They should both claim on their own insurance though.