Unclaimed test pass.

Hi all,

I passed my CE test on the 21st of Jan and the examiner took photocard licence and said he would send it off. Two weeks later no new licence and the DVLA website is showing Category CE as an unclaimed test pass. I’ve emailed DVLA and to begin with they were very responsive asking for additional information. Once i had supplied all the information they requested and answered all their questions they went silent…

I know I can drive without the photocard, but this is potentially going to cause 2 issues.

1, I have to send photocard licence (which i now do not have) with Pass certificate to get it updated myself.

2, My licence is due for renewal in around a month which again I need my photocard licence for (doing at post office as no passport).

I check the DVLA covid delays section and could not see any delays (assuming i was looking at the correct section).

I’m just curious to see if anyone else is aware of any delays with test pass processing? I passed my Class 2 in November and got my licence back within a few days.

Thanks in advance.

Private message pete s the forum sponsor to see if any help there

Sorry to hear, that sounds dreadful. I passed 5 days after you and received my license online the next day and physically within 3 days. So the system is not totally broken.
Sounds encouraging that they know you passed but frustrating why they can’t process it. Good luck.

Ok thanks for letting me know, guess I will harass DVLA some more.

Just incase someone has a similar issue and does a search in future.

Turns out that because my photo was due to expire withtin 3 months of passing my CE test, DVLA refused to issue a new licence until I had provided them with a new photo. It would seem that once the automated renewal reminder letter is generated they will not issue any new licences until the renewal is complete. Thankfully it seems to be a seperate department within DVLA so at least I have a direct phone number/email/address and was able to speak to someone directly who knew what they were talking about.