Unbelievable - Truckers still falling for it!

My local ITV (not on-line) highlighted how easy it was for criminals to pull over a Truck on the programme this evening.

The team went to Halfords where they bought a legal digital scrolling sign which said ‘FOLLOW ME’ on it.
They put this sign in the back of an ordinary car.
They dressed in Hi-Viz coats.
They then ventured out onto the highway, got in front of an unsuspecting truck and the nice truck driver pulled over and stopped for them. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

This time they were TV presenters - next time…

surely they shouldn’t be highlighting how easy it is, yes it might make a few truck types sit up and notice, but if crims know some of our industry are stupid enough to fall for it it’ll happen more.

Well done ITV for promoting criminal activity :open_mouth:

id stop they can take the axor of my hands :smiling_imp:

you’d like to think you could spot a fake but im sure it can be made to look very convincing and official

The professional robbers are tarting up the vehicles to look like VOSA or Traffic Officer ones.

Just dont stop.
If it is VOSA wait til they call the police and then pull over and explain why you didn’t stop.
Or phone the police yourself and explain the situation, i’m sure they will advise you on what to do.

this is nothing new. when they gave VOSA the power to stop i said the criminals would abuse it and there is at least one article on RT that proves my prediction was right. it sounds like this case was slightly different although similiar methods. dont stop!

yea i wont stop for an unmarked car even if it had flashing lights etc and a sign saying follow me, id prob try ram him tbh if i could tell its a fake,

WARNING NOTE!!! my eldest daughter works for a large retailer outlet and they were informed that there has been a shippment of police uniforms stolen from manchester area and it is beleived they have already found there way into the wrong hands they have been told to be aware and check warrant cards before allowing access

Unless it had all the lights and markings on the side POLICE,i wudnt stop.

truckspark:
WARNING NOTE!!! my eldest daughter works for a large retailer outlet and they were informed that there has been a shippment of police uniforms stolen from manchester area and it is beleived they have already found there way into the wrong hands they have been told to be aware and check warrant cards before allowing access

Those uniforms were found in a Manchester house a couple of weeks ago, they were mostly PCSO and Metropolitain bits of kit like stab vests and such, it was beleived that they was going to be used during the G20 protests.

IF you have a suspision that a car is not kosher, dial 999, explain quickly your location and that you have a high value load on your wagon, then give the police the reg of the car, they will within seconds say yes or no, they are geared up for this esp in the case of ADR loads etc.

If you want make a sign up, on A4 saying, just checking your reg with the police, please be patient or something, genuine police will understand and pull out of the way etc, crims should drive off, but by now you will have the number anyway…

I have been told that the plod will turn a blind eye to a phone call, if you are worried about load secuity…

If you have a vulnerable load then you should have a vulnerable load card in the cab. If in doubt don’t stop until the BIB have arrived or you’ve called 999 and got confirmation. VOSA should always stop you in a marked vehicle.

found it at last
LINK
not just VOSA either LINK
its you who is at risk so be careful out there

tofer:
If you have a vulnerable load then you should have a vulnerable load card in the cab. If in doubt don’t stop until the BIB have arrived or you’ve called 999 and got confirmation. VOSA should always stop you in a marked vehicle.

Would you really put a come and rob me sign in the window? :unamused:

If you have a load of laptops, they are expensive, but traceable.
if you have a load of scrap, it’s not so expensive, but it’s untraceable.

So which would you nick? Either way, you could get a good kicking, or give them a good kicking.

What does hijacker taste like. MMMMmmmmm, Yummy. :laughing:

limeyphil:

tofer:

Would you really put a come and rob me sign in the window? :unamused:

If you have a load of laptops, they are expensive, but traceable.
if you have a load of scrap, it’s not so expensive, but it’s untraceable.

So which would you nick? Either way, you could get a good kicking, or give them a good kicking.

What does hijacker taste like. MMMMmmmmm, Yummy. :laughing:

i see phil is thinking a greek style :smiling_imp:

hi jackers will steal anything they can sell at the bootsale.