Umwelt regulations Germany

Probably one for britpete,but here goes.

Most major towns and cities in Germany now have an Umwelt sign (Environment) as you approach the boundaries and give an exemption for vehicles carrying either a yellow,red or green sticker with your registration number on.
Now I know the sticker represents what Euro class your engine is,the question is,where do you get the sticker from?
One of our drivers reckons you just take the truck papers into a German dealer from whichever make of truck you have,and they fill out the paperwork and issue the sticker.

Anyone know different?

KW; this has been posted on here some time back
I can,t get find it as yet so look through these three
sites the first one will be of more intrest to you
LEV and here is
the nextONE
ALSO THIS one

Thanks for that pete,I’ll try and get into a TuV station and get it sorted,or even better,get the boss to do it online :wink:

Called in yesterday at the Merc dealer in Bretten,just off the B35,which is also a TuV station.
A quick look at the registration document,confirm the reg number and walked out five minutes later with the sticker.Less 5 euro’s in my pocket.

5 euro’s back in my pocket this afternoon from the office!

KW:
Called in yesterday at the Merc dealer in Bretten,just off the B35,which is also a TuV station.
A quick look at the registration document,confirm the reg number and walked out five minutes later with the sticker.Less 5 euro’s in my pocket.

5 euro’s back in my pocket this afternoon from the office!

I just did the same in Munchen but it was a Scania dealer and it didn’t cost a penny :grimacing:

is this for all classes of vehicle or just hgvs?

Yes it effects all vehicles unless you have a permit which excuses you,
this is normally given for those who are disabled, and their cars ,

cheers pete,we only run 3.5t curtainside sprinters so its best we get these sorted then cheers mate

The number of towns and cities with “Environmental Zones” is increasing all the time. 40€ fine and one point in Flensburg for entering one of these zones without a sticker.

Some cities are now tightening the screw even further:

According to THIS, since January 2010 only Yellow (Euro 3) and Green (Euro 4) stickers are allowed in Münster and Frankfurt am Main. NO RED (Euro 2)!!!

Stuttgart appears to have joined this list as from July with München and Augsburg due to forbid entry to Red (Euro 2) stickers in October.

In Berlin and Hannover only GREEN (Euro 4) stickers are now allowed!!!

can you only get the stickers in german dealers? or can you get them in other countries?
wouldn’t want to get fined going into a city whilst on the way to the dealers :laughing:

@wbis ,according to the LEV(posted above) site you can apply by post to the relevant office
with document proof that your vehicle is let us say EURO 4 it looks like those
who have older vehicles will with say Euro 1 or 2 etc. will suffer and get a
classification that will stop them from entering certain zones of city’s.

Where can I get Umwelt Sticker in Aachen, Frechen or Koln area on Sunday? I know all dealers & offices don’t open on Sunday but do i have any chance to get it on Sunday? its for my car

Betz Monday mate look at the site and see if where you are going
is in the LEZ if not then you will not need it mate ,
by the way the betz site in EUPEN is next to the ALDI
SO just look at the aldi site and put belgium aND EUPEN
IN THE STORE LOCATOR mate,

Brit Pete,was Betz really shot in the shoulder years ago,or was that diesel fumes.

toby1234abc:
Brit Pete,was Betz really shot in the shoulder years ago,or was that diesel fumes.

according to this articlein the Independent news paper there was an assassination attempt on Willi Betz in the past, but what it involved isn’t recorded

Betz:
Where can I get Umwelt Sticker in Aachen, Frechen or Koln area on Sunday? I know all dealers & offices don’t open on Sunday but do i have any chance to get it on Sunday? its for my car

If your route does cross into a zone, then an option is to order a sticker online, but I believe its something like 30 euros and then it will take some time to arrive to you. Try to find the dealers close to the route you will take via Google, see if they have web-sites and check if they are open or closed on a Sunday.

brit pete:
Betz Monday mate look at the site and see if where you are going
is in the LEZ if not then you will not need it mate ,
by the way the betz site in EUPEN is next to the ALDI
SO just look at the aldi site and put belgium aND EUPEN
IN THE STORE LOCATOR mate,

stadt-koeln.de/3/umwelt/umwe … #ziel_0_14

Just found some place open on weekend around in Koln

Mundorf Tank W. Meyers
Rolshover Straße 420, 51105 Köln
Telefonnummer: 0221 / 8301240
Ausgabe von Feinstaubplaketten:
Täglich 24 Stunden

24 hours tank station to get Umwelt sticker ? :open_mouth:

drew128:

Betz:

If your route does cross into a zone, then an option is to order a sticker online, but I believe its something like 30 euros and then it will take some time to arrive to you. Try to find the dealers close to the route you will take via Google, see if they have web-sites and check if they are open or closed on a Sunday.

thanks, just reply on your PM

jimti:

toby1234abc:

according to this articlein the Independent news paper there was an assassination attempt on Willi Betz in the past, but what it involved isn’t recorded

Well there are always lots of rumours about Willi Betz. I have heard that Willi Betz was shot by Romanian hitman at his manison home so a hitman had prision sentences in some years ago!

Also point out that Independent had made some mistake on research :unamused: ! Willi Betz is not an East German. He just come from German (Reutlingen, South of Stuttgart)