UMBRELLA COMPANIES

HGV CLASS 1

I do this part time, I’m on books for 4 agencies in total, depending on who gets me work when Im available, some weeks I would work for two agencies in same time ie couple of days 1 and then another couple for another total of four days.
the payroll and umbrella individually pay me every week if I’m due the money.
I want this simplified and have one umbrella company which is becoming a gold dust to find. mostly because of their lack of underlying flexible workers and also apparently their insurance wont cover HGV drivers

Any one out there have similar situation ? if so have you got an umbrella who would help me out .

SORRY NO LTD not my cup of tea

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Numerous threads here on this topic.

One word of advice.

AVOID

Are you aware many Umbrella companies charge you to pay you ? There’s been many examples on here where the umbrella company charges as much as £100 to pay you your own wages.

Many are registered in the Channel islands as a tax dodge and so it can result in you not paying proper tax and the taxman sending you a fine in the post 3 years on for something you’re completely unaware of ?

Why not go PAYE if you don’t want to go Ltd Co ? Umbrella is typically the worst option of all 3

Hyh:
Are you aware many Umbrella companies charge you to pay you ? There’s been many examples on here where the umbrella company charges as much as £100 to pay you your own wages.

Many are registered in the Channel islands as a tax dodge and so it can result in you not paying proper tax and the taxman sending you a fine in the post 3 years on for something you’re completely unaware of ?

Why not go PAYE if you don’t want to go Ltd Co ? Umbrella is typically the worst option of all 3

how do I go paye when I have 4 agencies on the go ? how does it work ?

capofarukgb:

Hyh:

I work for…

Two agencies PAYE. Just give both of them your P60 details along with your NI number and the system will make all the necessary deductions automatically.

Whether or not the tax man gets it right is another matter. They’ve said I’ve underpaid this year so far and they will take the extra back that I owe them every week. If they hadn’t told me, I quite possibly wouldn’t have ever noticed.

As others have pointed out. Under no circumstances get involved in brolly schemes.

yourhavingalarf:

capofarukgb:

Hyh:

I work for…

Two agencies PAYE. Just give both of them your P60 details along with your NI number and the system will make all the necessary deductions automatically.

Whether or not the tax man gets it right is another matter. They’ve said I’ve underpaid this year so far and they will take the extra back that I owe them every week. If they hadn’t told me, I quite possibly wouldn’t have ever noticed.

As others have pointed out. Under no circumstances get involved in brolly schemes.

I c ok nice to know

As an employee you can have more than one employer.
Having multiple employeers does not automatically make you self employed.
As an employee you get rights to holiday pay, sick pay, redundancy etc that the self employed don’t get.
Beware though, some agencies want to avoid giving you those rights, and want to avoid their own duties collecting taxes, NI etc. They will spin all sorts of yarns.
Check the .gov Inland Revenue site.
Confused? Talk to them.
Sure they want their dues, but better to talk to them now, before an agency shoved you off on a bad course.

Not a fan of umbrella companies, used them about 7 years ago and I thought they take far to much out for their commission. The main one who probably the more reputable is Nova contracting based in Leeds. HMRC is looking very closely at umbrella schemes & also Ltd companies, I am Ltd at the moment but I fear the end is near for these schemes.