Umbrella Companies Under Pressure

If you are working through an Umbrella company and have done for some time, have copies of payslips or invoices etc. You are more than likely eligible to claim back holiday pay and pension contributions, I know some think this cannot be the case because you are classed as self employed but I can assure you that you can and below is the proof. This case has been appealed in the Supreme Court and the result came out on the 1st Feb 2022 finding in favour of the worker.

Honestly, if you make a claim, supply the relevant ID, invoices/payslips…forget about it as these claims can take a very long time, it is free to register so you lose nothing but believe me the end result could see you with a tidy bonus. I will post up more articles as they come out but there are a few on various sites already and Contractors for Justice are dealing with many sectors. Umbrella companies are in real trouble with this as claims can in some cases go back to the mid 90’s. It seems that everyone wants to dig deeper into our pockets where household bills are concerned so why not reclaim what is legally your money.

freelanceinformer.com/umbre … liday-pay/

Article from ContractorUK website forum, Computer Weekly and Contractor Voice;

contractoruk.com/news/00153 … mbers.html

computerweekly.com/news/252 … oliday-pay

contractorvoice.org/holiday-pay … -judgment/

Inbox me for where to go and register your claim or google ‘Contractors for Justice’ and I am sure you will manage to find them yourself.

RCT35:

Inbox me for where to go and register your claim or google ‘Contractors for Justice’ and I am sure you will manage to find them yourself.

And which legal company lurks behind Contractors Voice?
Be honest now [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

gotta be Leigh Day, theyve got so many fingers in different pies on the no win no fee thing :laughing:

Contractor Voice is a forum/website for contractors (mainly NHS) and is run by a working contractor, no funny business at all and no catches to be found…they have no involvement in any part of the claim, they merely posted the story about the case decision.

Leigh Day have nothing to do with this either? The company I personally have a claim with is Contractors for Justice (c4j), they are accepting claims from all sectors they feel have a case where they can retrieve monies on behalf of the claimant. Of course they take a percentage but then we drive for a wage, the main thing is you register for FREE, upload your proof and then they do the rest. So far they are working on behalf of Construction Workers, Supply Teachers, Estate Agents, IT Workers and some of us HGV Drivers.

Inbox me and I will provide you with their details, have a chat or send them an email where if you don’t like what you hear then don’t join but there are some pretty big money claims to be had and I would not have been able to get the cash anyway so no brainer.

Pete

Monkey241:

RCT35:

And which legal company lurks behind Contractors Voice?
Be honest now [emoji6]

There’s an adage here… something about something sounding too good to be true… maybe be careful with your details… dint tryst everything you read online. Pick one I guess. Or all…

There are no funny games going on, I personally know a couple of the guys that work there. Read the case notes I attached, you can see clearly that this is becoming big news and that workers are finally being awarded the entitlements they are due from those that have tried to deny them through loopholes such as being made to use an umbrella payroll.

The reason umbrella payroll is there is mainly because companies do not want to pay things like, employers national insurance, holiday pay, pension contributions, sick pay etc. The courts finally agree and are finding in favour of the worker which can only be good news.There are payroll companies out there currently going through a so called hacking fiasco, workers have not been paid and have no idea when they will receive their money.

I understand that such forums always have the sceptical ones that think the Russians are gathering all of our personal details in order to empty our bank accounts but this really is not one of those scenario’s. Make a claim, don’t make a claim, it really is up to the individual.

I’d advise anyone to have a quick look through the post history of the OP because every post since joining last year has been about making a claim in some way or another. No posts to suggest he/she/they/them is an actual driver.

Then ask yourself why. Why would someone who has only ever posted about making a claim about one thing or another post another thread about making more claims… hmmm let me see. Maybe it’s actually genuinely out of the goodness of their heart? :laughing: :laughing:

I mean its all written well, a bit sales pitchy some might say…

I leave you with advise from a moderator from your last (only other) thread offering similar class action type stuff.

dieseldave:
Hi RCT35,

It is allowed because it’s not commercial in nature.

A free claim leaves the applicant with nothing to lose, but best handled by PMs.

Mate, I took my HGV back in 1984 in Driffield, if you care to look at my username it might suggest I was in the British Forces Royal Corps of Transport and at one point served in 35sqn. My posts are mostly about this because that was the reason I joined this forum and they are well written because I was educated in the 70’s when some of us got a board rubber thrown at us if we were not listening.

If it sounds sales pitchy then it does but you are not paying anything so what is the issue? My advice is not to become a detective as you seem to jump to conclusions where there is little to no evidence and you missed the obvious clues about me actually being a driver.

Let us leave things here though, I will no longer post and if anyone wants the claims company details then please inbox me or look up the company name on google. Just sometimes it would be nice to reach out to people with some positive information without the doom and gloom gang getting involved. I am also semi-retired (my own choice) and have pulled out of Lincs most of my life, the extra cash will be welcome for my next holiday :slight_smile:

toonsy:
I’d advise anyone to have a quick look through the post history of the OP because every post since joining last year has been about making a claim in some way or another. No posts to suggest he/she/they/them is an actual driver.

Then ask yourself why. Why would someone who has only ever posted about making a claim about one thing or another post another thread about making more claims… hmmm let me see. Maybe it’s actually genuinely out of the goodness of their heart? :laughing: :laughing:

I leave you with advise from a moderator from your last (only other) thread offering similar class action type stuff.

dieseldave:
Hi RCT35,

A free claim leaves the applicant with nothing to lose, but best handled by PMs.

Fair enough and if its genuine then fair do but there’s been soooooo many things which appear genuine but subsequently aren’t then you surely understand several degrees of scepticism.

RCT35:
Mate, I took my HGV back in 1984 in Driffield, if you care to look at my username it might suggest I was in the British Forces Royal Corps of Transport and at one point served in 35sqn. My posts are mostly about this because that was the reason I joined this forum and they are well written because I was educated in the 70’s when some of us got a board rubber thrown at us if we were not listening.

If it sounds sales pitchy then it does but you are not paying anything so what is the issue? My advice is not to become a detective as you seem to jump to conclusions where there is little to no evidence and you missed the obvious clues about me actually being a driver.

Let us leave things here though, I will no longer post and if anyone wants the claims company details then please inbox me or look up the company name on google. Just sometimes it would be nice to reach out to people with some positive information without the doom and gloom gang getting involved. I am also semi-retired (my own choice) and have pulled out of Lincs most of my life, the extra cash will be welcome for my next holiday :slight_smile:

toonsy:

Then ask yourself why. Why would someone who has only ever posted about making a claim about one thing or another post another thread about making more claims… hmmm let me see. Maybe it’s actually genuinely out of the goodness of their heart? [emoji38] [emoji38]

dieseldave:
Hi RCT35,

Plenty of evidence to suggest you’re touting for business though

RCT35:
There are no funny games going on, I personally know a couple of the guys that work there. Read the case notes I attached, you can see clearly that this is becoming big news and that workers are finally being awarded the entitlements they are due from those that have tried to deny them through loopholes such as being made to use an umbrella payroll.

No it isn’t. In fact it’s so far away from big news it’s not mentioned anywhere on Reddit subs and subs like /r/ukpersonalfinance have a lot of IT contractors using umbrella companies. Yet not one single mention and if it had any legs it would definitely be mentioned there. However as that group of people tend to have a higher level of intelligence than lorry drivers I suspect that the C4J ambulance chasers are avoiding them because they’d be able to work out it’s all a load of bollox and instead C4J are going for the low hanging fruit they know they’ll be able to BS.

And having read the articles about it, it may only stand a chance of winning in very specific circumstances. The case they’re basing their claim on is one involving Pimlico Plumbers and an umbrella company which put aside holiday pay which you had to claim and that’s what the whole thing is based around. The only time you stand a chance of winning is if the umbrella company puts aside some of the money they get from the company you work at as holiday pay, you don’t claim it and they don’t automatically pay it out at the end of the year if you don’t. If they do what most of them do which is to pay your holiday pay in your weekly pay or pay out unused holiday pay then you’ve had your holiday pay so you can’t win a claim. Not that C4J is telling you that. They’re trying to make out that even if you were paid holiday pay so the umbrella company wasn’t withholding anything then you’ll still be able to make a successful claim and get even more money. That’s not how our system of law works. In our system you’re only entitled to be put back in the position you would otherwise have been in, not to gain from it.

The reason umbrella payroll is there is mainly because companies do not want to pay things like, employers national insurance, holiday pay, pension contributions, sick pay etc. The courts finally agree and are finding in favour of the worker which can only be good news.There are payroll companies out there currently going through a so called hacking fiasco, workers have not been paid and have no idea when they will receive their money.

Those things are rolled into the money you get from the company. The reason umbrella payroll is there is so that people like yourself can get around IR35 and agencies can get around the parity pay rules of the Agency Workers Regulations. It has nothing to do with avoiding employers NI, holiday pay, pension contributions etc. In fact by using umbrella companies an “employer” is actually not able to use their Employers NI allowance of £4000 so it would cost them more in that case.

Oh and just because you took your HGV two miles up the road from my house and served in the RCT almost forty years ago doesn’t mean you’re a lorry driver. You WERE a lorry driver, you can only claim you are if you’re doing it now or have done any time in the recent past. The job has changed so much since the 1980s it’s barely recognisable.

RCT35:
If you are working through an Umbrella company and have done for some time, have copies of payslips or invoices etc. You are more than likely eligible to claim back holiday pay and pension contributions, I know some think this cannot be the case because you are classed as self employed but I can assure you that you can and below is the proof. This case has been appealed in the Supreme Court and the result came out on the 1st Feb 2022 finding in favour of the worker.

Honestly, if you make a claim, supply the relevant ID, invoices/payslips…forget about it as these claims can take a very long time, it is free to register so you lose nothing but believe me the end result could see you with a tidy bonus. I will post up more articles as they come out but there are a few on various sites already and Contractors for Justice are dealing with many sectors. Umbrella companies are in real trouble with this as claims can in some cases go back to the mid 90’s. It seems that everyone wants to dig deeper into our pockets where household bills are concerned so why not reclaim what is legally your money.

freelanceinformer.com/umbre … liday-pay/

If they haven’t paid you your holiday entitlement then yes they owe you money, but what if they have added it to your hourly rate? Then they owe you nothing. If they do owe you and you have an idea what you are doing you can take it through the small claims court yourself.