.........um driver shortage?

Yeah the pay deals seem a bit naff!

They are trying to get the new lads on a new package of £10.50 / hr for all hours worked. To start with it looks OK, but factor in the clawback facility the GM wants, and then you can see problems!!

BTW - your mate Jim C - the fella I gave your number to - he is now driving for Tesco. It was a sad day when he left - bloody good bloke.

Sundowner:

Sundowner:

kindle530:
Have you tried the 7 squadron, they usually have something going.

erm…no! who’s that then?

Do you mean Bartrums? the penny finally dropped :unamused:

If so yes, they’re very quiet according to the man I know there, took my number tho’ there’s hope out there I guess

Yep, thats who i meant mate. I live in Diss as well, and i work out of Felixstowe, on the tilts, so will keep an ear out for you.

Just an update really;

I’ve got an interview tomorrow, not driving but driving related :astonished:

I go to a transport consultancy tomorrow for an interview. If I get the job, intially I will be doing the mundane stuff of tacho analising, but who knows where that’ll lead? The chap I spoke to on the phone seemed very interested and keen to set up an interview when I told him I was a driver :sunglasses:

I might end up with that job I’ve always wanted, sat on my [zb] all day in front of a computer but no steering wheel :laughing:

All the best with the interview. :wink:

Any company that values having a driver, and therefore a drivers’ opinion and point of view in the office is one worth working for in my book. :smiley:

Sundowner:
Just an update really;

I’ve got an interview tomorrow, not driving but driving related :astonished:

I go to a transport consultancy tomorrow for an interview. If I get the job, intially I will be doing the mundane stuff of tacho analising, but who knows where that’ll lead? The chap I spoke to on the phone seemed very interested and keen to set up an interview when I told him I was a driver :sunglasses:

I might end up with that job I’ve always wanted, sat on my [zb] all day in front of a computer but no steering wheel :laughing:

The biggest problem working in a transport offic is all the bloody loud mouthed lazy fat arsed drivers on the other side of the desk… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Update:

Still out of the seat :confused: but things might be on the up. I didn’t get that position at the consultancy, but then I think I was harbouring dreams above my station :open_mouth:

There seem to be more vacancies about, mainly with agencies :smiling_imp: but it’ll do until I get something I want. So am off to sign for a few of the [zb] agencies next week. At least they are guaranteeing some sort of work which is better than nothing…I think :frowning:

Hey, Flying_Fenman, I hear some of your drivers who left for Tesco Peterborough are coming back to the fold. Is that true? Given an offer they can’t refuse is what I heard…

BTW, tell Messers Waters, Dodd, and Loveridge that Simon says hello.
(If they’ve not gone to Tesco…)