ULEZ Charge - Advice need

Hi all,

I have never been inside the ULEZ in central London for a good few years! I have a possible delivery of 12 pallets Next Wednesday in My 2008 28T Merc Axor from the North East to the British Museum In central London which is located inside the ULEZ.

My Vehicle doesn’t meet the ULEZ Standard. I have been on the TFL website and went to the vehicle checker page, and it is saying I only need to pay a charge of £12.50 and pay the congestion charge.

I have entered my Reg a few times, and it says the same thing each time when i select my date and go to pay.
“Charge to pay, £12.50”

It is my understanding that all HGV’s that drive in the ULEZ that don’t meet the current emission standard need to pay a £100 a day charge.

I’ve even entered a couple of other vehicle Registrations of the same truck and year from what I found on eBay for sale, and they all come up saying “Charge to pay £100” Bar only one or 2 which come back at £12.50.

My question - , Has anyone else came across this issue? if I Pay the £12.50 will i get away with it or If i receive a penalty charge could i Appeal it?

I’ve even created an account with TFL and entered all my truck details, and it still says the same amount, £12.50 to pay for my date, and it brings up my truck details.- They get the details from the DVLA according to the website.

Thanks Guys,

More importantly does the lorry meet the safer London lorry zone ?
Like mirrors & side guards .

Punchy Dan:
More importantly does the lorry meet the safer London lorry zone ?
Like mirrors & side guards .

Hi Dan,

Yes. I have been going into London a few times but just not actually in the centre bit where the ulez operates if you get me.

I have all the cameras, mirrors, front facing mirror, side guards, reversing alarm etc and lit up like an Xmas tree

I know new rules are coming in March 2021 regarding permits to drive in London (star system) but I’m upgrading the truck in January to euro 6. I thought it was October this year but enforcement doesn’t start until March 2021.

reminds me when i paid Dartford crossing for my american pickup truck acording to reg, 4wks later received 150pound fine letter…despite paying 1pound difference straight away, 3months later still was not sorted and going back and forth…
So i advice you to pay 100 somehow to avoid headache later…