Ukraine [merged]

Maybe big mouths Truss and Wallace should have thought about that before parking their tanks on Russia’s front lawn and encouraging Ukraine to go to war with Russia and ■■■■■■■ off the Bear by sending in weapons.
Instead of backing down on NATOs failed containment strategy.
Now Russia is clearly threatening an attack on NATO over the pretext of weapons shipments.
As usual useless waste of space politicians have got everyone into a pointless fight just like in 1914.
Now they haven’t got the bottle to back up their big talk by returning Russia’s threats word for word and cutting to the strategic nuke deterrent chase.While at the same time offering to back off NATOs conventional containment forces as a carrot.
Truss, Wallace, Bozo and Biden combined aren’t worth one JFK.

cnbc.com/2022/03/11/ukraine- … ussia.html

The Western Propaganda machine - has been remarkably successful so far…

I’m seeing even less people wearing the blue-and-yellow thing than were outside their houses doing the seal clapping a few months back over the under-functioning NHS…

We’ll run out of police in sufficient numbers to contain the public outcry over the coming weeks, once the huge utility bills start hitting doormats from the beginning of May… There’s no such thing as an “Electricity Bank”.

Most likely, there will be people on street corners begging for pound coins to feed their meters with, as people with pre-pay meters - are paying the highest amount of all for their electric…

People won’t care if they’ve been told it’s all “Putin’s Fault”… They’ll just care about how much they are hurting, and the fact the pain now won’t stop, because the West just simply won’t sit down and do a deal with Putin when all common sense is crying out for such an “arrangement” to be come to.

Winseer:
deal with Putin when all common sense is crying out for such an “arrangement” to be come to.

Common sense went out the window when NATO decided to move it’s conventional forces where Russia and WP moved out.
Combined with a free world that’s now zb scared to party in the face of the strategy of mutually assured destruction.
Which is what kept the peace from the time when JFK told Kruschev to bring it on Commy zb hole Russia will burn first.
Getting NATO out of East Euro and telling Russia that if it wants nuclear war we’ll send them to hell first before we go to heaven is all that will stop Comrade Putin and his band of Bolshevik bandit scum.

Juddian:
Most people only want to consider things our govts via their mainstream media broadcasting system tell them.

One might have thought the last 2 years would have seen more people realise that all is not well in the world of officially approved information.

One other thought on this.
Be careful you don’t wish yourselves into a war with Russia based on what the favoured media tell you.
One thing is common with any country who tries to take or invade Russia, hundreds of thousands or more of the invaders die every time, just think of this if you or your male children are of fighting age, as always those who make advertise promote sell and direct wars to make them richer and more powerful arn’t going to be the ones facing the fight, it’ll be the good old working classes (once again you’re the man Tommy) just like it’s always been and always will be doing the fighting and look where it gets them when its over.

Unlike the propaganda campaign “Don’t help the Hun” during WWII, if you say to British people right now “Don’t help Putin” - then that’s all well and good, but it doesn’t get Fodder in front of Cannons when it comes to “volunteering” - a great part of the WWII war effort, everyone “doing their bit” and all that.

One of the dangers in WWII was then as now “Securing the supply of Electricity”, and in reference to your other earlier post - Contigencies were put in place to bring back old, run-down (mothballed) power plants that could be fired up once more - should the need arise in a national emergency, such as being invaded…

Here’s a good examples, and answer to your question in that regard.

https://www.energy-uk.org.uk/our-work/generation/coal-generation.html#

It would of course be madness to write off EVERY power station, let alone all the coal fired ones.

We did quite nicely for Electicity a century ago, and I would argue that having a blockhouse on every other street corner - made this country all the more harder to invade by the Huns during both world wars.

Now though? One wonders if Putin has ever got around to updating all the industrial, strategic, and commercial center targets for his thousands of nukes, and many mirvs per nuke on top…

I live close to an original ground zero target, so it’s a quick vapourization for the likes of me - always a better option than wandering around in the aftermath, skin hanging off, and trying to drink the black rain…

Winseer:

Juddian:
Most people only want to consider things our govts via their mainstream media broadcasting system tell them.

One might have thought the last 2 years would have seen more people realise that all is not well in the world of officially approved information.

One other thought on this.
Be careful you don’t wish yourselves into a war with Russia based on what the favoured media tell you.
One thing is common with any country who tries to take or invade Russia, hundreds of thousands or more of the invaders die every time, just think of this if you or your male children are of fighting age, as always those who make advertise promote sell and direct wars to make them richer and more powerful arn’t going to be the ones facing the fight, it’ll be the good old working classes (once again you’re the man Tommy) just like it’s always been and always will be doing the fighting and look where it gets them when its over.

Unlike the propaganda campaign “Don’t help the Hun” during WWII, if you say to British people right now “Don’t help Putin” - then that’s all well and good, but it doesn’t get Fodder in front of Cannons when it comes to “volunteering” - a great part of the WWII war effort, everyone “doing their bit” and all that.

One of the dangers in WWII was then as now “Securing the supply of Electricity”, and in reference to your other earlier post - Contigencies were put in place to bring back old, run-down (mothballed) power plants that could be fired up once more - should the need arise in a national emergency, such as being invaded…

Here’s a good examples, and answer to your question in that regard.
UK fires up coal power plant as gas prices soar - BBC News

https://www.energy-uk.org.uk/our-work/generation/coal-generation.html#

It would of course be madness to write off EVERY power station, let alone all the coal fired ones.

We did quite nicely for Electicity a century ago, and I would argue that having a blockhouse on every other street corner - made this country all the more harder to invade by the Huns during both world wars.

Now though? One wonders if Putin has ever got around to updating all the industrial, strategic, and commercial center targets for his thousands of nukes, and many mirvs per nuke on top…

I live close to an original ground zero target, so it’s a quick vapourization for the likes of me - always a better option than wandering around in the aftermath, skin hanging off, and trying to drink the black rain…

Cannon fodder is only a factor in the case of a conventional war strategy like the joke strategy that brought us here.Ironically that was abandoned in 1945 when finishing Japan but then the US got cold feet v China in finishing Vietnam.

While the idea of instant vapourisation is the definition of mutually assured destruction and it’s why the free world partied to the soundtrack of the Locomotion and Let’s Dance in the face of JFKs threat to Kruschev.
While protect and survive and films like Threads were clearly all meant to remove the West’s stomach for a nuke showdown like 1962.
Ironically thereby making it more likely that Russia will think it could win a WW3.
The common denominator seems to be appeasement of China not Russia being the aim and that’s why JFK was taken out.

Carryfast:
The common denominator seems to be appeasement of China not Russia being the aim and that’s why JFK was taken out.

Getting tired of Communist scum both Russian and Chinese behaving as if they are the only ones armed with nukes and being allowed to threaten the free world with impunity.Hopefully Liz Truss will also send plenty of weapons to Taiwan and I’ll volunteer to be the bomb aimer on the first B52 over Beijing loaded with 45 gallon drums of antimonic acid then drop a few nukes on em after letting em stew in that for a few days.

youtu.be/DlLPto4iNVU

Having been involved in the civil defence provisions in the day protect and survive was at best pointless or at worse could mean a long slow end from starvation and radiation sickness when emerging from cover if it was good enough.
While the two minute warning just adds more needless terror.Much better to be taken out quick and without warning.Hearing that siren for real with a nuke on the way would have been worse than not hearing it at all.
I still think it’s evens odds that Russia will take on NATO in that regard and won’t stop at Ukraine bearing in mind its terms over Ukraine which referred to withdrawal of NATO forces from Russias old buffers not just Ukraine membership.
Possibly with a preemptive nuke strike on UK betting that the US will then reach terms rather than allow a retaliatory exchange involving the US.
All that because of NATOs idiotic conventional containment strategy and the pathetic stupid and pointless sabre rattling of Wallace and Truss.
Just glad that I’m close enough to a ground zero here if it kicks off and I can remember where the local nuclear air attack siren was and it’s removal and don’t want it put back.

inews.co.uk/news/politics/uk-no … ow-1518566

Valentina’s Poem:

“These stupid Russian shrapnel pieces I will carry all my life,
But as long as my heart still beats I will still live and love.
Defenders we will ride together, we will win this war
and all our heroic people will gather,
to rebuild our beloved Ukraine.”

youtube.com/watch?v=BLexlgyvgK4

itv.com/news/2022-03-12/i-d … n-mariupol

and meanwhile we whinge about the price of petrol.

cav551:
Valentina’s Poem:

“These stupid Russian shrapnel pieces I will carry all my life,
But as long as my heart still beats I will still live and love.
Defenders we will ride together, we will win this war
and all our heroic people will gather,
to rebuild our beloved Ukraine.”

youtube.com/watch?v=BLexlgyvgK4

itv.com/news/2022-03-12/i-d … n-mariupol

and meanwhile we whinge about the price of petrol.

We rightly whinge about the price of petrol when we’re sitting on an ocean of our own oil which the government want to flog off to the highest bidder .
As for Ukraine and NATO playing at toy soldiers when it’s possible that this stupid pointless argument and sabre rattling on Russia’s borders could potentially result in something a lot worse for us than some shrapnel flying around.
When all they needed to do was get NATOs tanks off Russia’s front lawn.
Every logical solution says that Russia will nuke us specifically to make NATO move out if it refuses to take the hint.
The US won’t throw NY and LA after London.

If NATO is serious about stopping Russian etc aggression then it needs to abandon the failed strategy of containment and get back to one based on mutually assured destruction Including a clear statement that the US is prepared to put the US homeland on the line as part of its NATO responsibilities.

standard.co.uk/politics/ukra … 88360.html

It’s not quite as black and white as the Western media is suggesting. And most people seem to think this all started a few weeks ago. These stills are taken from a video made in 2016 when the war had already been raging for two years and 13,000 civilians had been killed, URL below.

youtube.com/watch?v=D-Jme77Dfc4

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60814913

cav551:
In Mariupol, children bear the brunt of Vladimir Putin's war - BBC News

So what’s your solution.
Removing NATOs tanks from Russia’s front lawn, which is what this all about, or do you want WW3 ?.In which we can bet that the US won’t risk it’s homeland to nuclear attack but will be prepared to sacrifice us in that regard before making a deal.

Harry Monk:
It’s not quite as black and white as the Western media is suggesting. And most people seem to think this all started a few weeks ago. These stills are taken from a video made in 2016 when the war had already been raging for two years and 13,000 civilians had been killed, URL below.

Its simply a fact that Volodymyr Zelenskyy has alloweod ultra nationalists to fight on the frontlines in the Donbass since around 2014. These ultra nationalists hate Russians and have terrorised ethnic russians and pro russians in the region.
So when Putin talks about de-nazifying Ukraine, there is some truth behind it.

adam277:

Harry Monk:

Its simply a fact that Volodymyr Zelenskyy has alloweod ultra nationalists to fight on the frontlines in the Donbass since around 2014. These ultra nationalists hate Russians and have terrorised ethnic russians and pro russians in the region.
So when Putin talks about de-nazifying Ukraine, there is some truth behind it.

No such thing as an ultra nationalist Ukraine was recognised as a sovereign state it’s not Russia.
Russia’s reasoning and terms were clear and reasonable guarantee no NATO membership and move NATO forces out of the other old Soviet and WP buffer states.
It’s obvious that it’s all about NATO v Russia not the bs add on of denazifying those places .If NATO doesn’t move on the issue I’d say it’s 50/50 that this is going to end up with us getting nuked in the knowledge that the US won’t authorise a retaliatory strike.

Carryfast:
No such thing as an ultra nationalist Ukraine was recognised as a sovereign state it’s not Russia.

The two insurgents in the screenshots I posted are technically Ukrainian and would hold Ukrainian passports but both would consider themselves to be Russians living in Russia, and are speaking in Russian.

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

The two insurgents in the screenshots I posted are technically Ukrainian and would hold Ukrainian passports but both would consider themselves to be Russians living in Russia, and are speaking in Russian.

Ironically I also think that recognising (The) Ukraine as a sovereign state is silly.Its historically Russia better known as Russia’s bread basket.
Having said that it’s a similar situation to the Irish problem here.There was a good case for at least East Ukraine to be kept as Russia.
But Russia’s terms were mostly clearly NATO related.
Basically if NATO doesn’t remove it’s forces from Russia’s borders then Russia will one way or another.
Therefore by definition this won’t end with Ukraine.Thats just a side issue.

Carryfast:

the maoster:
My completely amateurish opinion is that Putin is probably regretting his decision now after the intelligence he’s received from his yes men is turning out to be wholly inaccurate.

My reckoning is that he would gladly accept UN intervention in the hope that they can broker a deal that will allow him both to withdraw and also save face whilst still appearing to be the strong leader.

A nuclear superpower that has issues with NATO threatening it’s borders on a front stretching from the Baltic to the Black Sea.That’s clearly stated that a strategic nuclear first strike is on the table to make NATO move back.
Then we’ve got deluded experts who think that means he’s threatening to maybe drop a tactical nuke on Ukraine.Why would he do that not a strategic one on western Europe or us or possibly even US.Its obvious that’s more likely to be us then say to the US your move.
By definition the nuclear deterrent means strategic not tactical.
The modern generations haven’t got a clue.They are sleep walking us into a nuclear war here but worse one that’s on Russia’s terms.America won’t risk it’s homeland to an all out nuclear exchange if Russia decides to knock us out of the frame and that’s why Europe is now in this mess.

A strategic first strike?
You’re confusing what was said

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Carryfast:

robroy:
Do you reckon he’s come to the conclusion that he’s bitten off more than he can chew, and that he realises that he has seriously underestimated the actions and bravery of the Ukraine forces, and their last minute conscripts from the equally brave Ukraine civilian public.

I think (also from an amateurish pov) that he just expected to march in with little opposition, then use his ‘liberation from Naziism’ propaganda b/s to come across as the hero…(badly thought out btw as at least 2 of the Ukraine govt are reported to be of Jewish origin.)

All this b/s he’s spouting about NATO using threatening language,.and his veiled threat of using nuclear weapons could be a mixture of a smokescreen and damage limitation to save face and take the focus off his misjudgment.

When the unexpected amount of Russian troops arrive home in body bags to their families, .surely the Russisn populace will turn against him.

You’re betting ( our farm ) on some suicidally wide of the mark assumptions about what and who you’re dealing with
If Russia nukes anyone they won’t be stupid enough to drop one on Ukraine.
The reference to putting their nuke ‘deterrent’ at our equivalent of DEFCON 2 means their long range strategic nukes not dropping a tactical nuke in their own back yard.
He’s now qualified that with the reference to Liz big mouth Truss.So now we know the target.Thats not a veiled threat that’s all too clear.
As for this stunt it was obviously a deliberately restrained operation meant to give NATO a way out.Which it’s been stupid enough to ignore.
You’d best hope that I’m wrong but if I’m not luckily I live close enough to a ground zero for it to be quick and the US controls our launch codes not zb Truss because the US isn’t going to trade NYC and LA in retaliation for London.
While Putin stopped being in charge of events from the point of the order to move.He just signs the orders that his generals and Politburo give him to sign.
For someone who lived through the Cold War you should know better.
Effectively Putin is the equivalent of JFK but with less power than Curtis Le May had and Russia sees it as their Cuban missile crisis with Ukraine and Poland etc being the equivalent of Cuba.
Unfortunately Biden, Bozo let alone Truss combined haven’t got the intelligence of Kruschev.
Ironically Threads almost got it right but even Barrry Hine wouldn’t have been able to envisage this stupid scenario of us wanting to move NATO into Poland let alone into Ukraine.

As for the US controlling our launch codes?
Absolute brain dead bull

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:
A strategic first strike?
You’re confusing what was said

Seems absolutely clear enough to me.
Back NATO’s conventional forces away from Russia’s borders or a nuclear first strike is on the table.It clearly doesn’t say only in retaliation for a nuke strike it says anything which ( Russia ) views as a ‘threat’.

news.sky.com/story/russian-dipl … n-12573773

No doubt that the Bozo, Truss and Wallace show is prepared to bet the farm that doesn’t mean a strategic strike on us.Which logically would be the most effective way of shifting NATO and minimising any radioactive fall out effects on Russia itself betting that the US won’t want to escalate further from that point.