Ukon trucking & dj international

chalkey:
i drove for ukons in the 1970s - had a parks black f88 they bought followed by a
brand new p reg daf 2800
good job lot of germany - occasional italy.

chalkeys dad.
:smiley:

Did you know a man called Frank who worked for UKON in the 1970s?

Hi is anyone on hear still in contact with Frank Bates who used to drive for UKON?

b.cherish:
Hi is anyone on hear still in contact with Frank Bates who used to drive for UKON?

Hi, My Dad worked for UKON Trucking when they were based in Harlow,Hoddesdon then in Witham, he drove a Scania Vabis, Volvo F88 (LAH 700P) then a DAF 2800. My Dads name was Bernard Russell (Russ). I do remember a Frank Moffit (think that’s correct) and a George Hadfield, I went on the runs to Germany,Holland & Italy in the school holidays great fun.

quote=“PASTTRUCKING”]I RAN FOR BOTH UKON TRUCKING AND DJ INTERNATIONAL IN THE 70s, ANY ONE OUT THERE FROM THE ABOVE,
[/quote]
Hi My Dad worked for UKON Trucking when they were based at Harlow,Hoddesdon then lastly Witham, my Dads name was Bernard Russell (Russ) I loved the trips in the Volvo F88 (LAH 700P) to Holland,Germany, Italy ect… learned more on the road then i did in school.

My Dad worked for UKON Trucking when they based at Harlow, Hoddesdon then Witham my Dads name was Bernard Russell (Russ) as he was known, ring any bells. He ran a scania vabis, Volvo F88, than DAF 2800.

gb1:

PASTTRUCKING:
I RAN FOR BOTH UKON TRUCKING AND DJ INTERNATIONAL IN THE 70s, ANY ONE OUT THERE FROM THE ABOVE,

There was a DJ International running out of Peterborough in the 80’s. They used subbies, doing a fair number to M/E, although I did mostly Greece and Italy for them. Believe they closed down towards end of 80’s.

Hi guys I am still trying to contact frank bates (bacon bates) I have his grandson and another on the way. If anyone know how to contact him please let me know as I am unable to marry his son until we have made contact with him. Thanks guys

Does anyone know if there alwas a frank spenser working for ukon in the 70s?

Anyone remember Bill Dedman ?
Drove an 88 for UKON out of Harlow

b.cherish:
Does anyone know if there alwas a frank spenser working for ukon in the 70s?

“Betty” might know Frank!!!

David :wink: :wink: :wink:

my dad - MIKE LACEY drove for UKON - had a ex parks black F88 owned by UKON - then a new s reg Daf…
great job he says on there … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Chalkeyf12:
my dad - MIKE LACEY drove for UKON - had a ex parks black F88 owned by UKON - then a new s reg Daf…
great job he says on there … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The Blouse ? :smiley: All the best, good ole days eh.

hi i used to work for ukon,when at hoddesden and witham,i was weekended at vicenza with a ukon driver named steve,we spent the sundayon the coast,he was a loner and had problems with his marriage,he commited suicide by standing in front of a train on the southend line,very sad he was about 35,i was with ukon for about a year,and still have a couple of photos of the trucks i had.

peter supple:
hi i used to work for ukon,when at hoddesden and witham,i was weekended at vicenza with a ukon driver named steve,we spent the sundayon the coast,he was a loner and had problems with his marriage,he commited suicide by standing in front of a train on the southend line,very sad he was about 35,i was with ukon for about a year,and still have a couple of photos of the trucks i had.

Hi Peter, be good if you could post those pics on here, as there are none on this thread up to now! Regards Chris

Here are some pictures of my time at UKON Trucking and one of me:

hi if you look in to ukon forum i have posted three photos the guy holding the cab door is
a friend who was curious to see what i did,regards peter supple

Hi I am trying to find an ex ukon driver from the 70s called frank it will be his 71st birthday tomorrow I dont know his last name but i know its not bates. I have 10 other possible names based on birth records and know he has a son called mark. any suggestions?

I RAN FOR BOTH UKON TRUCKING AND DJ INTERNATIONAL IN THE 70s, ANY ONE OUT THERE FROM THE ABOVE,

i drove for ukons in the 1970s - had a parks black f88 they bought followed by a
brand new p reg daf 2800

chalkeys dad.

PASTTRUCKING:

There was a DJ International running out of Peterborough in the 80’s. They used subbies, doing a fair number to M/E, although I did mostly Greece and Italy for them. Believe they closed down towards end of 80’s.

chalkey:
brand new p reg daf 2800

chalkeys dad.

mick, when you was on for ukon, was steve griffiths there at that time?
regards bob heath :laughing: :laughing: