UKI Express Transport Ltd

Anybody had any dealings with them?

Not personally, but have seen plenty of their adverts in the back pages of various trucking magazines which is rarely a good sign.

back load rates are poor

ive had the odd part/full load back home from lancashire usually timber flooring from skem and the rates are about average for the distance, always got paid on time no probs. the guy at skem is called tony cant mind hts surname of the top of my head, but ive found them okay to work with

I believe that this company was formed as a result of the liquidation of an outfit called GM International who had offices in Northern Ireland and the Liverpool area and who went bust in mid 2011. GM International were a subcontractor to my employer, shortly after they had gone bust I was contacted by an ex GM Int employee who asked me to complete a credit application form for UKI Express Transport, who I believe are based in the Skelmersdale area.

Sorry no idea what their rates are like, I don’t even think they’ve done any work for my lot recently.

Regards
Simon

UKI were around long before GM went bust :wink:

UKI was started by a former director of rosewood trucking about 6 yrs ago.
I think his name is Peter but hes possibly more behind the scenes now.

I’ve had some loads back from France through them, professional and more importantly got paid!

shuttlespanker:
UKI were around long before GM went bust :wink:

Apologies if I got that wrong… :blush: however I was told that ex GM employees were taken on / working for UKI after GM’s demise