UK Truck drivers shafted by the TORIES!

GORDON 50:

hipsway:

truckerjimbo:
Im truly SHOCKED by the number of tory voting Truck driver there is !!! Im out. :smiley:

No wonder your f…

Indeed. Some here have short memories, very short in fact. Only a couple of weeks ago the Tories decided to hike National Insurance, but as usual with Tory policy, it’s the lowest earners that will feel this hike in N.I the most. Meanwhile Tory chums managed to secure lucrative PPE contracts last year during the ongoing pandemic. Boris is a proven liar and was never a committed Brexiteer. He saw Brexit as an opportunity to grab the reins of the Tory party and ultimately to become PM, a charlatan, scoundrel and a cheat! Him and his party don’t give a stuff about our industry and you are all deluded to think so. As for Labour they’re rudderless and unelectable under Starmer, a party obsessed by identity politics and riven with in-fighting.

Labour put N.I up by 1% when they were in power!

And? My post wasn’t in anyway an endorsement of Labour past or present so spare me the whataboutery! What matters is the present and the ■■■■ show that is our present government. Has it been forgotten, but what happened to this so called “oven ready Brexit deal”?

Harry Monk:

Winseer:
I would argue that someone who deliberately spends six months and a day each year “tax exempt” - is the very acme of “Obssessed with money” - just like all those Romanians who buggered off back to Bucharest the moment they found they had to pay full PAYE taxes from now on… :sunglasses:

In what way would I be “tax exempt”? I don’t pay income tax when I don’t have an income but that’s a bit like saying that someone who doesn’t have a TV is dodging the TV licence.

You live in a house boat. Unless that no longer gets any tax breaks, such as “no council tax” - you are doing that for “saving money on taxes” reasons… Debt collectors - cannot enforce bailiff orders on otherwise easy-to-peacefully-enter-to-confiscate-stuff House Boats neither, as far as I know… Correct me if I’m wrong by all means… :slight_smile:

I’d rather pay council tax than mooring fees! I know which one is cheaper.

hipsway:

GORDON 50:

hipsway:

truckerjimbo:
Im truly SHOCKED by the number of tory voting Truck driver there is !!! Im out. :smiley:

No wonder your f…

Indeed. Some here have short memories, very short in fact. Only a couple of weeks ago the Tories decided to hike National Insurance, but as usual with Tory policy, it’s the lowest earners that will feel this hike in N.I the most. Meanwhile Tory chums managed to secure lucrative PPE contracts last year during the ongoing pandemic. Boris is a proven liar and was never a committed Brexiteer. He saw Brexit as an opportunity to grab the reins of the Tory party and ultimately to become PM, a charlatan, scoundrel and a cheat! Him and his party don’t give a stuff about our industry and you are all deluded to think so. As for Labour they’re rudderless and unelectable under Starmer, a party obsessed by identity politics and riven with in-fighting.

And? My post wasn’t in anyway an endorsement of Labour past or present so spare me the whataboutery! What matters is the present and the [zb] show that is our present government. Has it been forgotten, but what happened to this so called “oven ready Brexit deal”?

Ive got to 100% totally agree with what you saying.

Because I hate Bojo and the Tories people think I vote Liebour and im a remainer. Im NOT !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The country is screwed who ever you vote for. Plain and simple.

BUT inflation is going to bite everyone on the arse !!!

Because I hate Bojo and the Tories people think I vote Labour

Having listened to Mr Starmers speech today i have a feeling you will hating them for a few more years.

Bin Man:

Because I hate Bojo and the Tories people think I vote Labour

Having listened to Mr Starmers speech today i have a feeling you will hating them for a few more years.

You misquoted me I said “Liebour” Lmao :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Carryfast:

GORDON 50:

They also never reversed the Tory income tax cuts for high earners.

Thatcher reduced the highest rate from 83% to 60% but only reduced the basic rate by 3%.
Then they cut the highest rate from 60% to 40% but only reduced the basic rate by another 5%.
All maintained by Labour.

Aye, New Labour you mean, AKA Tory light. Eventually it became hard to tell the difference, becoming two cheeks of the same backside! The Tories in fact now are spoken of in some media circles as some kind of heir to Blair. I’m sure the tax cuts in the US enacted under Reagan weren’t rolled back when the Dems eventually got back in either.

When you say shafted by tories …I if you ask anyone who used a log book I think they will tell you we have been shafted since the tachograph came along with the 15 hour spread , apart from the new trucks it was better then :neutral_face:

Winseer:

Harry Monk:

Winseer:
I would argue that someone who deliberately spends six months and a day each year “tax exempt” - is the very acme of “Obssessed with money” - just like all those Romanians who buggered off back to Bucharest the moment they found they had to pay full PAYE taxes from now on… :sunglasses:

In what way would I be “tax exempt”? I don’t pay income tax when I don’t have an income but that’s a bit like saying that someone who doesn’t have a TV is dodging the TV licence.

You live in a house boat. Unless that no longer gets any tax breaks, such as “no council tax” - you are doing that for “saving money on taxes” reasons… Debt collectors - cannot enforce bailiff orders on otherwise easy-to-peacefully-enter-to-confiscate-stuff House Boats neither, as far as I know… Correct me if I’m wrong by all means… :slight_smile:

Winser, stick to what you know…

Nobody lives o a boat, to either beat the bailiffs, or to save on taxes. Some try to, but they dont live on their boat, they survive, exist, cling on, on their …vessel. They tend to live on knackered, barely floating sheds. People who live on their boat, pay either a mooring fee to a marina or private mooring, which pays rates, or pay a licence fee which includes those items that council tax pays for , like rubbish removal.
Debt collectors, you are indeed wrong. Very wrong. I may try to educate you, but right now, it feels like a massive waste of time, because you (who has not lived on a boat) is going to argue that I (who lived on a boat, and worked with it), am wrong.

Just stick to working preferred shifts, and how unfair the world is to you…

fuse:
When you say shafted by tories …I if you ask anyone who used a log book I think they will tell you we have been shafted since the tachograph came along with the 15 hour spread , apart from the new trucks it was better then :neutral_face:

As anyone, who could no longer park up at a transport cafe, or finish a bit earlier in the day or start a bit later, without the guvnor knowing about it, and us exempt council drivers would know.
Euroland was often good for its scenery and sometimes its food and often its parking facilities, but the tacho was never there for the driver’s benefit.

Steve66:
Well.
This is awkward.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

photos.app.goo.gl/RyVGLKq9neSmqVmBA

It’s a bit late for that - the Witch is long dead.

Sorry just couldn’t stop myself. :smiley:

truckerjimbo:
You`ve had your 2 mins of FAME drivers !!!

Here comes the cheap EE drivers again. Thanks to the Tories !!!

Now get back to work !!!

LMFAO :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’re dead wrong mate. So wrong I honestly don’t know where to start.

Let’s try anyway -

RHA and hauliers create panic by saying shortage of everything because no cheap labour ahem… I mean no foreign drivers.

Tories tell RHA and haulage industry they’ve had years to get to grips with this problem. They need to encourage UK workers to drive.

RHA double down and leak private meeting with government about “some isolated instances of slow fuel deliveries” and spin it in to full blown hysteria and panic buying thus causing a shortage.

Government offers 5,000 short term foreign drivers until Xmas.

RHA getting bold decide to triple down and demand open immigration for cheap drivers ahem…I mean foreign drivers.

The press jump in with “rumours” of toilet roll shortages again…I wonder who told the press that??

Government decide they’ve had enough of this nonesene. You can have as many foreign drivers as you like. They’ll all be driving foreign trucks…lol

RHA scream they don’t need foreign drivers any more.

It was a masterful play by the government.

That will be the last you hear of shortages for a very long time.

Unlimited Cabotage is only at the consultation stage. If RHA and haulage firms keep demanding cheap labour then the government will go nuclear and unlimited Cabotage will be here. If they stop trying to undermine British workers then Cabotage will stay as it is. The ball is now in the RHA court.

Grab your popcorn and wait for round 2 !!

These foreign wagons going around doing domestic drops - will have to give up the habit of a lifetime, and start filling up at UK forecourts, and pay some bloody UK taxes!

…Especially if they are going to take over the entire tanker delivery contracts as well, the public now having been softened up to see the sight of ANY fuel tanker making a delivery near them…

Fuel Shortage?

Drove around London last night, all forecourts with their holster gun hoods OFF, and for the most part deserted.

We’ve been watching nothing but Political Theatre these past few weeks!

Even the assassination yesterday - has more to it than meets they eye…
Strange how QUICK the authorities were this time around to denounce “Islamic Terrorism” - making me suspicious that this was actually something else entirely, such as a deliberately-planned Hit using a planted indivudual for reasons nothing to do with “Islam” NOR “Terrorist Factions”. ! …Except the one Terrorist Faction that has yet to be labelled that, of course. :angry:

This was no “Opportunistic Attack” in the vein of Princip and Arch Duke Ferdinand… :frowning: :bulb:

Winseer:
These foreign wagons going around doing domestic drops - will have to give up the habit of a lifetime, and start filling up at UK forecourts, and pay some bloody UK taxes!

…Especially if they are going to take over the entire tanker delivery contracts as well, the public now having been softened up to see the sight of ANY fuel tanker making a delivery near them…

Fuel Shortage?

Drove around London last night, all forecourts with their holster gun hoods OFF, and for the most part deserted.

Strange how QUICK the authorities were this time around to denounce “Islamic Terrorism” - making me suspicious that this was actually something else entirely, such as a deliberately-planned Hit using a planted indivudual for reasons nothing to do with “Islam” NOR “Terrorist Factions”. ! …Except the one Terrorist Faction that has yet to be labelled that, of course. :angry:

This was no “Opportunistic Attack” in the vein of Princip and Arch Duke Ferdinand… :frowning: :bulb:

Except Princip wasn’t an opportunistic attack you mean?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

Winseer:

Fuel Shortage?

Except Princip wasn’t an opportunistic attack you mean?

My suggesting is that the perp turned up with a pre-meditated plan, and didn’t do it “on the spur of the moment” because someone touched his buttons, or looked at him in a funny way whilst he was in the surgery “Queue”…

He won’t get away with “Insanity” nor “Mental Health” then, I reckon.

The only two choices left are:

Lone Wolf Terrorist
or
Sent there by “handler” to do the deed, and not necessarily by a ‘recognized’ terror outfit.

That definition could change in the near future, if Boris decides enough is enough with these vile people of the far left… The Tories have wasted far too much of their own energies cracking down on the far Right, when it wasn’t people like Tommy Robinson that were the clear-and-present threat - was it? If my suspicions are correct, we’ll never see any of the Labour Left Wing MPs bumped off (because they are not targets) nor any minister or shadow minister (too hard to get to, extra security already laid on)

Within the Labour party - the Labourites most at risk are the Ex-MP Blairites like Andy Burnham and Sediq Khan, although as Mayors - they probably already have a security detail of their own, and one likely about to be somewhat beefed up with recent events… Then there’s the Ex’s like Blair - who costs the country more per year “Out of office” in protection detail than what he cost the country whilst IN office.

The similarity with Jo Cox is that both MPs were very popular within their communities, both constituency MPs, and both loathe to have the extra beefed-up security around them - which sadly made them both the softest of targets in end end. RIP. :frowning:

Got no sympathy for the RHA. They are just useless they dont accept responsibility for their mess. Want cheap labour and toss the UK drivers aside.

And Princip STILL wasn’t an opportunistic attack. [emoji6]

You going back to Gavrilo Princip there Monkey? I thought at least we had that one sorted out by now…

I remember David Amess from Brass Eye when he asked a question in parliament about the perils of the new killer drug “Cake”. A group called “Free the United Kingdom From Drugs” and “British Opposition to Metabolically Birsturbile Drugs” (aka “■■■■■ AND BOMBD”) had suggested it to him.

JeffA:
You going back to Gavrilo Princip there Monkey? I thought at least we had that one sorted out by now…

I remember David Amess from Brass Eye when he asked a question in parliament about the perils of the new killer drug “Cake”. A group called “Free the United Kingdom From Drugs” and “British Opposition to Metabolically Birsturbile Drugs” (aka “[zb] AND BOMBD”) had suggested it to him.

We?

No idea if you ever mentioned Princip…but Winseer did