Uk to Syria. Road trip

On Newsnight tonight at 22.30 on BBC2 is a documentary about English residents driving 3000 miles to Syria in a large convoy of vans loaded with supplies to the war torn country.
They will dodge bullets from snipers in a street nicknamed sniper alley.
You will see the TIR trucks queing at the borders and the ferry crossings.
Would you drive there and back for a charity and risk your life to help others.?

Yep, I would. Where can I apply?
Paul

It would look good on a CV.

Not on your nelly.

That place is riddled with al qaeda now, and I don’t fancy being target practice for some mullah trying to bag a Brit

DaiDap:
Not on your nelly.

That place is riddled with al qaeda now, and I don’t fancy being target practice for some mullah trying to bag a Brit

That can happen in any street in the UK as well now so don’t worry too much about it.

Just watched it, bit that made me think was when someone said ‘‘If the rest of the world was doing what it should then I would not have to risk my life coming here’’ …

Or end up like Ken Bigley.RIP.

i met this convoy heading down there from dover. last time i was in turkey two of the fire engines were still at the border. dunno what happened to them though.

I watched a you tube video of Syria rebels killing 3 lorry drivers de to them having different faiths. Sick!

Seen that video myself, truly shocking :imp: :smiling_imp:

I’m game ! Where do you apply ?

Another trip to Syria is planned next month.I would do it to the Turkish border and wait around there until they come back to pick me up for the return leg back to Blighty.
These people seem very kind.
Any help with driving for them.Does anyone have a contact number.