Uk to Albania

Newbie here (on here not driving!)

Basically as the title says I’m off to Albania however never driven in Europe before so looking for some top tips

I’ve seen what paperwork and stuff is needed from croners,

Are there any trucker friendly route planners online ?

also the tolls charges I don’t understand euro 1 2 3 etc

Sorry if it means explain repeated information I’m just new to this

Many thanks in advance

Hi
That’s quite trip for a first one into Europe!!
Ok you have a few options but assuming your traveling via Dover/Calais or the Tunnel■■?
you can go Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, but you will have to go through Bosnia and Serbia, plus and a few other countries in that neck of the wood’s

I would go through France travel down to Lyon then throught Tunnel du Frejus Max Height 4.3Meters. then head for Turin, Alessandria, Bologna, San Marino, then follow the east cost of Italy down a take a ferry over to Albania,
(I am sure you can get a Ferry for a truck at Bari) not realy my patch over there so forgive If I am wrong!!!

As for Euro 1, 2, 3, Etc… It’s for the Engine emission’s For Tunnel du Frejus you must be at least Euro 3 Complient,
But to be honest if your doing that sort of distance on your first Euro trip you really want to be in a least a 2009 motor anyway!!! and then you would be Euro 5 complient and have no problems anywhere,

As for truck friendly route planners just stick to main road’s and keep an upto date Europe map next to you, and DON’T go throught Austria if your over 4.15 Meters Max.
I hope that’s helped and good luck…

Jim

Sub contract the load out and let the foreign drivers do it.

toby1234abc:

where’s the fun in that?

I’d definitely take the ferry from ancona or bari to durres - you can compare the prices to find out the cheaper option. the ferry from bari is cheaper but you have 500 more km to drive + tolls. I’ve only been to albania once, picked up a new russian mining trolley in a customs warehouse in estonia, drove est-lv-lt-pl-sk-hu- serbia - montenegro - albania, took the ferry from durres to bari, loaded in matera for malmö sweden and from malmö back to estonia.

the country is as close to the third world as you’ll find in europe, but the scenery is fantastic.

milodon:

toby1234abc:

where’s the fun in that?

Taking 20 percent. :wink: :laughing:

Not bad for owning a phone and a computer.Multipy the 20% by 100 or more loads per day depending how many hauliers you can get hold off.

Guys

Many thanks for all the info

Jim thanks for the info on Euro 1 2 3 etc info was a great help however my truck will be a 52 plate.

I will be most likely getting the ferry from Bari as its only 9hours

still need to check ferry prices extra

Once again many thanks for the help and info

Done Albania a few times, what port are you heading for in Italy?

I have the toll costs some place, will try to dig them out later.

Let me know if you are going into Durres or Vlore and i can give you the sp.

Hi

That’s great news.

I was going to Durres.

I don’t suppose you have much info on Italy and the tolls/HGV bans there do you?

My preferred Route was as follows
France
Calais,Reims,Dijon,Bourg en Bresse,Geneva
Through the tunnel at Mont blanc
Italy
From Ivera for Alessandria so avoiding Milan
Then Plaisance south for Ancona, Bari or Brindisi.

If you go this way look out for check in before you get to tunnel on the way there and coming back,
on the return leg the check in pops up just after a toll (easy to go past).

Bari is best port to go from, on approach look out for truck park on left, park there and there is mini bus
every half hour or so take you down to sort paper work.

I hope you have an English speaking agent set up in Albania cus customs is a night mare! There is
a good bit of cash that changes hands here.
Took me a day to get away from customs in Durres first time, only to be sent to customs in Tirana for another half day.
Customs clark was using a typewriter!

Only costs I could find are quite old.
French tolls about £300
Mont Blanc £285.00 Euro 3
Max height 4 meters and they will measure if in doubt.
Italy tolls are about £150.
The above is each way.

When you get into Albania you will be approach by boys selling cigs, buy some and make friends
( don’t smoke the ■■■■ though they are [zb])
then tell him when you are coming out, he will look out for you and help you through the port
and get correct stamps.
You have to hand you passport over when getting on ferry, there are two que’s when you get
off to get passport back, the short on is 10 Euros.

Fell free to pm your mobi number if I can help more.

Oh yea take mossy repellent and antiseptic cream!