Uk Passport

Hi all, whats the script if your Uk Passport runs out when working on an LMO/PNP before gaining residency status in Canada, mines valid for another 3/4 years, is it just a case of simply applying as normal for another 10 year passport or not■■?

Cheers.

Everyone I know that’s run into this has just renewed it back in the UK and made a holiday out of it, you can send them off to the British Consulate, but then you can’t cross the border :wink:

If you renew it here, you have to send it to Washington DC. They don’t do it in Canada no more and it costs including registered post both ways just over $300 and takes about 4 weeks. Much quicker and cheaper to get it done in the UK if you’re going back.

I renewed mine in January of this year. I sent it to the British embassy in Washington DC, they charged the astronomical amount of $290 :open_mouth: When I got the new one it had been mailed from Northampton, UK :laughing: It only took 3 weeks.

Easier for you down there in the US Pat, plus you get the bonus of not being able to go to Montreal while you wait, us lot up in the soon to be frozen north cannot go south and on some firms that can present a problem :cry:

In the uk even if you get it done same day it only costs £128

kr79:

Well whoopie doo for you :laughing: :laughing:

You don’t need a passport in the UK…Not yet anyway :laughing: :laughing:

I take it you’re sorting yours then Kev :question:

newmercman:
Easier for you down there in the US Pat, plus you get the bonus of not being able to go to Montreal while you wait, us lot up in the soon to be frozen north cannot go south and on some firms that can present a problem :cry:

I see your point :exclamation: It must present a real problem for you all. It would seem a trip to blighty to renew it in person would be cheaper than a few weeks without work.

Pat Hasler:

newmercman:

I see your point :exclamation: It must present a real problem for you all. It would seem a trip to blighty to renew it in person would be cheaper than a few weeks without work.

You’re joking, I could spend a year’s wages in one sitting in a kebab house and don’t get me started on Pie n Mash, or Mixed Grills, proper breakfasts, decent Fish n Chips, Saveloys, Gregg’s Sausage Rolls and a decent pint :cry: :laughing:

newmercman:

kr79:

Well whoopie doo for you :laughing: :laughing:

You don’t need a passport in the UK…Not yet anyway :laughing: :laughing:

I take it you’re sorting yours then Kev :question:

Just waiting on that and crb and sell my car mate.

Bring two problem solved…

newmercman:
You’re joking, I could spend a year’s wages in one sitting in a kebab house and don’t get me started on Pie n Mash, or Mixed Grills, proper breakfasts, decent Fish n Chips, Saveloys, Gregg’s Sausage Rolls and a decent pint :cry: :laughing:

Well you’ve just gone and ruined my day…feeling homesick and very hungry now!!!

Oi mark you can ban yourself from here now please. I would kill for a full proper fry up and a pint of bow and a decent game of rugby. My APCO check only took about a week kev to come back

I’m 58 years old and a fish and chip lover… The best haddock and chips I ever had was actually in the Piccadilly pub on US 12 in Auburn MA, right under the masspike at the exit for 290 (Worcester).

HADOCK!!!

HADDOCK!!!.. [ZB]ING HADDOCK!!!.. WHO EATS [ZB]ING HADDOCK■■?

Do a google search for Cockney Fish and Chip Shop and it will all make sense :wink:

I go to Worcester every now and again, never knew about that place though, you have a yard by the railway sidings there don’t you Pat?

Theres a place in Mississauga (Toronto) thats owned and run by some English people that does fantastic fish and chips. We happened across it by chance one day as its near by to one of the Loblaws places (since closed down) that we loaded at to head back east. That was about the only positive experience about all the unpaid waiting time at that hole.

newmercman:

Pat Hasler:

newmercman:

I was watching Gordon Ramsey today and they showed Leeds market with reminded me how delicious the pork pie and peas were that i used to get there as a kid from a stall in the market when we used to go to the big city. :smiley:
My mouth had just stopped watering but now it’s started again :frowning:

Charles

newmercman:

Do a google search for Cockney Fish and Chip Shop and it will all make sense :wink:

I go to Worcester every now and again, never knew about that place though, you have a yard by the railway sidings there don’t you Pat?

Yes we do, That is my main terminal, Yonkers is a sub terminal, thats why we have no manager and I am the main man :laughing: Our actual manager is in Worcester.
When I spend a night in that yard I try and get to the Piccadilly Pub, first time I went in there I couldn’t believe how good thet fish and chips were. Rich (Longwayround) spends quite a lot of nights there.

newmercman:

Did it … very funny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: