UK Mail

DHL = Monthly pay ?

dox:
Yes it is

That will be here then !

dox:
Yes it is

This is the way out !!

I never liked their doubledeckers, haven’t driven one but assume they get blown about a lot more compared to the curtain double.

adam277:
I never liked their doubledeckers, haven’t driven one but assume they get blown about a lot more compared to the curtain double.

Never had a problem with them myself, although it was a bit hairy on the Orwell Bridge one night

Beetlejuice:
DHL = Monthly pay ?

A lot of us are on weekly pay although they are trying to change everyone onto monthly pay. Our union is in talks about it at the moment along with our pay rise we haven’t had yet. It will happen union or no union its just they are trying to get us a good deal for it.

20171117_151208.jpg

One of the new trailers - I collected this Friday

Adonis.:
Why does a 50 hour week worry you?

A.

Because when ‘normal’ jobs calculate pay they work on a lot less hours as a standard week than we do so we are on even less money if you think about it.

(And I was shaving a bad day)

Night-and-day:
I started filling in the online application form but deleted it when I got to a question asking me to give an example of when I’ve shown excellent customer service skills

You should have put something like this:

Once, at a customer’s site, I unclipped the curtains ready for a side tip, and pulled them to the rear so the forklift drivers could swiftly progress. Once the forklift drivers had emptied the rear half of my trailer they asked me to pull the curtains to the other end. I obliged, cheerily. As the last pallet was offloaded it snagged on an internal strap, so the forklift driver asked me to free it. I happily approached the situation, and asked him if he’d like me to wipe his bum for him too, informing him I was offering a ‘unique and exciting opportunity’.

good_friend:

Adonis.:

A.

Because when ‘normal’ jobs calculate pay they work on a lot less hours as a standard week than we do so we are on even less money if you think about it.

Are you for real?

“Normal” jobs are usually around 45-48 hours per week basic, not exactly a lot less than 50. 50 hours is 5 10 hour shifts, I think you need to stop thinking these lorry drivers are overworked and underpaid, especially when it comes to something as brain mincingly boring as parcel trunking.

A.

Toddy2:

One of the new trailers - I collected this Friday

Would look better with one of the new FH’s. At least the livery would match :smiley: :wink:

Adonis.:

good_friend:

Adonis.:

A.

Are you for real?

“Normal” jobs are usually around 45-48 hours per week basic, not exactly a lot less than 50. 50 hours is 5 10 hour shifts, I think you need to stop thinking these lorry drivers are overworked and underpaid, especially when it comes to something as brain mincingly boring as parcel trunking.

A.

Yeah I envisage it being like that.

General gets a bad rep on here but I love it. Today I dropped at a garden centre, a large logistic concern, a small business warehouse and finally a house before taking the empty trailer to another RDC, dropping and swapping and bringing a full one back Each place with their own challenge so certainly not monotonous

Adonis.:
Are you for real?

A.

As I don’t remember writing anything in here to say what I was thinking it’s interesting that you believe you can read my mind when (luckily) I don’t think we have ever even met

Never mind - carry on being a ■■■■

Adonis.:

good_friend:

Adonis.:

A.

Are you for real?

A.

God help us all then, if that’s what normal is … We must be stupid to class that as normal.
Why should parcel trunking, make our basic hours more?
Stick together, it does produce.

Toddy2:

dox:
Yes it is

This is the way out !!

Think I preferred the place when it made Peugeots.

Nothing to do with UK Mail but…re 50 hrs work, when you think theres 168 hrs in a week, 50 of those isnt so bad.
Some seem to forget that this driving lark isnt the same as a boring 9-5 home every night job, if theres no flexibility and a little give and take the job just wont work for you. 40hrs knock off on the clock is static work somewhere, roads and trucks are too unpredictable for that…

sweepster:

Adonis.:

good_friend:

Adonis.:

A.

Are you for real?

A.

God help us all then, if that’s what normal is … We must be stupid to class that as normal.
Why should parcel trunking, make our basic hours more?
Stick together, it does produce.

Stick together so you can do 2 hours less a week and be in line with an office job, crack on, balloon. :unamused:

If you’re too weak to handle working go on the biff.

A.

good_friend:

Adonis.:
Are you for real?

A.

As I don’t remember writing anything in here to say what I was thinking it’s interesting that you believe you can read my mind when (luckily) I don’t think we have ever even met

Never mind - carry on being a [zb]

You get worried by a 50 hour week, how tragic is that?

I will continue being a [zb], just as I’m sure you’ll continue being an idle horror.

A.

AndrewG:
Nothing to do with UK Mail but…re 50 hrs work, when you think theres 168 hrs in a week, 50 of those isnt so bad.
Some seem to forget that this driving lark isnt the same as a boring 9-5 home every night job, if theres no flexibility and a little give and take the job just wont work for you. 40hrs knock off on the clock is static work somewhere, roads and trucks are too unpredictable for that…

You’ll be better off talking to a tilt than trying to explain that to the idle and the workshy who are so precious they can’t miss Coronation Street or sleep in a lorry.

God forbid they aren’t home in time for tea…

A.

AndrewG:

This so true. If 50 hour week too much for you you have wrong job