UK Mail

Has anybody worked for the above out of Middleton?

I’ve checked the forums and 6 million trillion billion things with the word ‘Mail’ come up as suggestions, none of them preceded by ‘UK’!

Thanks in advance.

Didn’t even know they had a place in Middleton.

One of my old workmates left where I worked at the time to work for UK Mail in Trafford Park, and he was still there a month ago (over a year later)…

Don’t know if that helps :grimacing:

Cheers Bud, all help appreciated.

I saw an ad there for a night job and applied, just wondered what the hours are etc. Is it a proper night job or is it one of these starting after 13.00 things which seem to be everywhere I look these days.

I know when he left where I worked at the time, his start time was around 8 or 9pm, so I’d say he stuck with similar = ‘proper night job’

They do have afternoon starts too, I’ve seen those adverts.

Used to chat to a few of their drivers. Were on a basic of £20k. 2 or 3 jobs a day. Saturday was £80 job & knock, usually done by midday.
They didnt moan about them as an employer too much!

Much obliged.

I have seen their ad on job centre website with basic pay of £20k. This was maybe 3 weeks ago.

Not sure about Middleton, I wouldn’t work at the brum hub again though, transport manager in the day was a ■■■■ of the highest order, 12 year ago mind. Pulled my back ■■■■■■■ Bristan tamworth tap fittings out the wagon that had fallen over. Still get the odd twinge now, was a bit of a bull in a china shop with the handball back
In the day :frowning:

It’s here

Middleton
Unit 50/52,
Touchet Hall Road,
Middleton,
M24 2FL

They have 54 depots (some are mini hubs) and the main hub @ Birmingham
(soon to move to Ryton)

Job is easy enough, as long as you can get on with it & not try to fathom out some of the decisions made by HO, that will make you go crazy

Around here, UK mail is all night work for C+E and wagon+drag at that.
The depot in question is Kingstanding Way, North Farm estate Tunbridge Wells btw.

The double decker comes in from another location I believe. The wagon & drag gets stationed here though. Never worked out of here, so I assume they’ve only got the one?

Looks like Business post to me not UK Mail

That’s because that pic is a tad out of date…

“Business Post” is the former name of UK Mail.

Markk80:
I have seen their ad on job centre website with basic pay of £20k. This was maybe 3 weeks ago.

do you know what they pay for Class 1 ?

They run about 250 trunks a night, most leave between 7 & 9pm, 165 go into Birmingham hub, the rest are cross country, between hubs & depots.
there are a limited number of day trunks, usually from the mini hubs, or when there is an overload from the night before,
There are 50 W&Drags, about 80 deckers & the rest are artics, with a few 18 tonners & a couple of puddle jumpers.

There are day drivers at each depot on Bulk collections & C&D work
Depots have between 3 & 9 lorries stationed at each location, of mixed type.
For example, last time I ran into Tunbridge, they had 2 W&Ds + 1 artic, but were fed from another depot also (at Docklands)
Basildon have 2 deckers, 4 artics, 2 W&Ds plus a subbie

I understand that Pay differs between Night & Day, North & South, and Inside/outside M25
Although I am self employed & never worked directly for them, so not really qualified to comment.
I get the odd phone call - Help, can you do a trunk please?