UK hgv driver needing info for relocation to Canada

Hi there to all those who have already taken the plunge(and those thinkin about it), hope everything is going well for you.
I like many before me am sick and tired of the way the UK is degenerating into the dumping ground of Europe.
I have decided the the future of my family and future generations to come lies elsewhere.
I would appreciate help and advice from anyone who has went through the process of moving to Canada.
Right from the very begining, all the pitfalls, i want to know the bad stuff aswell as the good.
I currently work for Fergusons transport based in Blyth Northumberland UK.
15 years experience, flats, tauts, fridges, tippers and containers.
I have family, a reluctant spouse to convince lol.
Like i say, any info would be much appreciated, even down to which climate is most like ours?
My wife has an uncle in Vancouver does this help?
Thanks in anticipation of the hundreds of replies im going to get :wink:
Steve Mcguire

Steve,
You have a PM.

Believe it or not, the climate isn’t such a big deal. It’s nearly midday in Manitoba, and it’s -3, but you wouldn’t think it. I will PM you an address. It’s a little site which gives you an idea to start with. I will answer questions you have about the moving as I did it for the same reasons as you did, and I only did it this year so it’s still fairly fresh in my mind.
There’s a thread on here about driving here, too.

Canada is good for some.

When you do come, come alone at first. Once you have a good job and found a good place to live, bring the rest of the family over. This is how my family came over from the UK in the 1950’s.

The weather isn’t really all that bad in the winter. There are some really cold weeks, but do what Canadians do, bundle up or grab some brews and snacks and enjoy a good hockey game on the telly.